I am New and I Am Being Discriminated At Work For NOT BEING A Catholic

by Zelaira 11 Replies latest jw friends

• poodlehead
    poodlehead

Do you know what board you are on? Most here cring at the word Jehovah. Because that word has been used to ruin our lives. I suggest you read up a little more on the religion you are intested in. My guess is you are new and not baptised? Because someone who has been around very long already knows the answer.

About the cross. Let me explain. It doesn't matter if it is a Pagan symbol or not. I wear an Irish cross because it is a part of my culture. I don't care if it's origins are pagan or not. Neither does the JW's. They say it is wrong and that is the way it is. Crosses have there roots far before christ and then were adopted by Christians. Put here are some other pagan based item that witnesses do take part in.

At wedding JW's don't toast because it is superstichist. But here we go.

Wedding Gown(All witness women wear one.) White gowns were the symbol of purity. Was to keep away Evil spirits.

Viel= To keep out Evil Spirits and protect the bride so they don't enter her mouth.

Wedding Cake= Romans broke bread over the heads of bride and groom for fertility.it later became small cakes, now three tiered cakes.

Rings=Early men raped braided grass around the wrist and feet to hold in her spirit. Later it became leather, stone and then gold.

Ring finger= goes to the heart.

There are others, but my point is they pick and choose. Crosses are pagan but no witness women is going down the isle in street clothes after holding unto her virginity.

You need to do your homework. And most people here do not have a high opion of JW's so don't expect much simpathy from us.

Most witnesses alienate everyone by there rediculous beliefs.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

And from Minnesota too. Few people outside Minnesota say Twin Cities.

BTW, say hi to Alonzo Lucas at the convention next week. He'll be the black guy wearing the Silent Lambs pin on his jacket.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit