Opposers of Watchtower Society Challenged

by Kenneson 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Debating a Jehovah's Witness is a lose-lose.

Why?

Fella JW's want to see you lose your cool and demonstrate your low-life status. When you engage it is easy to have the worst of your nature brought to the surface because you are confronting an ideology which has injured you and the repressed hostility will come out.

Further, you are actually dealing with a JW who is flexing their own personal ego. They don't represent the religion. The religion does not engage in debate with previous members.

Unless you define your terms precisely and scrupulously you'll waste hours chasing each other's tail.

Foundational arguments must be parsed ahead of time to root out key concepts that are falsely defined.

Who has the patience for that?

Finally, the basis for JW belief is said to be the inerrent Bible.

This really should be the only possible debate: the inerrency of the Bible. It is easy to refute.

But, no.....we all get sucked in to a scripture parsing ceremony that goes nowhere.

It is a waste of time.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    It is a waste of time.

My sentiments, exactly.

Jean

**PS... Terry, Dahling... Your shirt seems to have gone missing...

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Terry,

Firehawk claims to be an ex-Jehovah's Witness, who is equally anti-Watchtower Society as he is anti-Christian. He says he is NOT a Jehovah's Witness, but out to present the truth about the "lies" the opposition to the Watchtower Society make. How do you respond to that?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I think Firehawk may be a junior member on this forum that uses a Volkswagen logo as an avatar.

Said poster made much ado about defending JW beliefs from their standpoint, even though he couldn't actually do so, while professing not to hold any of the beliefs himself. I believe him (or her). This poster hates all Xtian religions equally, and sees little to no distinction between the religions. Possibly this poster views all religions as equals.

Whoever Firehawk is, they made a very bad mistake in the thread on profindforums:

Firehawk: It's not my view; it's what is written. (Matthew 7:13, 14)

Um, no...it isn't what is written. Matthew 7 is part of the Sermon on the Mount, not prophecy. The verses you cited are on the order of a cautionary proverb. In fact, these verses are very similar to a specific proverb JWs take out of context in a similar fashion. (Proverbs 4:14-19)

Much as the writer of Proverbs 4:14-19 are speaking of two possible life paths that any individual can choose, Matthew 7:13, 14 also speaks of two possible life paths that any person can choose. NEITHER of these are in any way prophetic. Verses 13-23 continue a specific theme, works will not mean salvation and the false prophets can known by the fruit they bear (i.e. their prophecies will not come true). No matter what other works a false prophet may have to his or her credit, if they are making money (lit. workers) from unrighteousness they will be disowned.

Firehawk: It doesn't say how many of those there would be, but it does indicate that the number would be a minority of the earth's population.

Matthew 7:13, 14 was cautioning about life choices, not stating a relative number of survivors of Armageddon. However, the verses DO make plain that only individuals can be saved, religious organizations have no plan of salvation as far as the Bible is concerned.

I hope you will come and read this, since I can't log on to that site.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

This guy is a clown...

• Terry
    Terry
    **PS... Terry, Dahling... Your shirt seems to have gone missing...

Since nobody can sense my pheremones; I am attempting to produce an allure (no matter how feckless) that might stimulate interest in the opposite sex!

So far, it hasn't worked. I better put my shirt back on!

• Terry
    Terry
    Terry,

Firehawk claims to be an ex-Jehovah's Witness, who is equally anti-Watchtower Society as he is anti-Christian. He says he is NOT a Jehovah's Witness, but out to present the truth about the "lies" the opposition to the Watchtower Society make. How do you respond to that?

I smell a sockpuppet. I don't care what this charcter "claims".

Nobody defends an enemy!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I know of others who have tried to log on unsuccessfully. So, if you want to see his replies you will have to go to Profind.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

He/she has contempt for me because i assault the Watchtower like Terry said nobody spends such elaborate effort to defend an enemy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit