OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by lola28 19 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28
    Forget "worldly wisdom"!!! ; You should follow the instructions found ;in the ;infallible word of Gawd!

Dams, nope not warm or swollen or red just motherfreaking painful!

Lola

• damselfly
    damselfly

Well that's good ,it's prolly not a blood clot.

Go to the doctor anyway, just to rule anything out.

Once he says that it's muscular then you can start stretching and heat (this is your calf muscle right?) to help the pain go away. Self massage it great for leg cramps.

Dams

• Soledad
    Soledad

Go see a doctor Lola. Are you on the pill? There is a risk of developing clots if you are taking those. Be on the lookout for ACHES (abdominal pain, chest pain, severe headaches, eye problems, severe leg pain). I had to stop taking those recently because of leg pain----kind of like what you're describing--- and my eyesight was bugging out. If not, maybe low potassium is the issue. Drink more OJ.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

The same thing used to happen to me. My doctor said it was low potassium and magnesium. Bannanas are good but orange juice has more potassium than bannanas and gatorade is good to drink too. Women need more potass. then men do. If the cramps do not go away, see your doctor. If you are on the pill, see your doctor right away as it could be a blood clot. Good luck, Lilly

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

If this is recurring you definitely should see a doctor about it. If you have DVT (deep vein thrombosis) or blood clots going on you dont want to mess with it. Listen to your body kiddo...if somethings not normal or is recurring, it wont hurt you to find out from a doctor what it is. It might REALLY hurt you to not find out.

• lola28
    lola28

Thanks everyone, I'm not on the pill so I don't think that's a big worry and I am just going to hop around until the pain gets better.

Lola

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Thanks everyone, I'm not on the pill so I don't think that's a big worry and I am just going to hop around until the pain gets better.

No, you really should go see your doctor! You may have a circulatory disorder in your leg.... left untreated you might be *forced* to follow the directions provided by gawd's word!

Print up your first post and tell him exactly what you said there.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Is the pain in the back of your lower leg?

If it is, to make it feel better when you're sitting at your desk with your knee bent, try having your toes pointed towards the floor instead of keeping the foot flat. If it is a muscle spasm this shortens gastroc and soleus (calf muscles) and will help the muscle recover. You most likely overstretched it hopping out of bed and it went into spasm in an effort to protect itself.

This is (obviously lol) just my opinion, I would still phone my doc and run it by them

Dams

• lola28
    lola28

LOL, Elsewhere makes me laugh.

Lola

• darinwilson
    darinwilson

Have heard of pain that goes across the shoulder, left arm and can also go down the left leg can be a symptom of heart distress. Hopefully you just have muscle spasms and all you will need is a muscle relaxant and a slight change of diet. Don't take chances, go see a doctor soonest Many people ruin their health through self diagnosis, it's not worth it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit