OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by lola28 19 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28

Okay, I woke up this morning because I had really bad pain in my left leg ( I jumped out of bed) it was like a cramp but a hundred times worse, I could not even stretch my leg or touch it because it hurt like hell, this was at five am it is now 10 am and it still hurts, I can't even really walk (I'm at work, so I won't have to) this is the fourth time this has happened the pain stays for three to four days and then goes away, any ideas on what it could be and how to make the pain better?

Lola

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Don't ask us, go see your doctor!

Nic'

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Could you be getting leg cramps due to low potassium? Eats more bananas. Since you like cereal, try slicing some up and putting them in your cereal. Or it could be something else.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

sounds like a charlie horse.......not sure the medical term for it..........the muscles tightens up.......

it will last sometimes a couple of days.......and i find i have to be careful how i walk

I am not sure what causes it.......but I eat bananas, i think lack of potassium is part of the problem........

I have to massage it, and sometimes when it is really bad.........I can actually feel it tighten up, like ball up and the pain

is unbearable.

The heat may be a factor as well............drink lots of fluids.

purps

• JH
    JH

Maybe your AC is on too strong and your leg got a cold breeze. Maybe you stretched too much, taking too long strides when you walk.

Dr. Rat

• lola28
    lola28

Thanks, I have been drinking tons of water but I can't remeber the last time I had a banana all I know is that right now it hurts so much that I don't even dare get up.

Lola

• damselfly
    damselfly

Lack of magnesium can cause muscle spasms, which is what a charley horse is basically.

Does it feel warm or appear swollen or red?

Dams

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Forget "worldly wisdom"!!! You should follow the instructions found in the infallible word of Gawd!

(Mark 9:45) . . .And if your foot makes you stumble, cut it off; it is finer for you to enter into life lame than with two feet to be pitched into Ge·hen´na.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Bananas and plain salt are good for cramps. Overloading on water will just diffuse them further, making it counterproductive, though keeping your fluid levels up is always a good thing. Just make sure you keep your salt and potassium intake at reasonable levels, as well.

As Nic suggested, the doc might be a good idea, to rule out any kind of DVT (deep vein thrombosis). If you're on the contraceptive pill, or some other medication, it can increase your risk of such things.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Leg Cramps, Muscle Cramps, Leg Pain - Restless Legs - Charlie Horse - Muscle Spasms

charley horse or leg pain can cause Cramps and Muscle or Leg Spasms a long with leg apim or Muscle Spasms and Stiffness, Restless Legs

Leg Cramps or Muscle Cramps (Charlie Horse) leg pain usually occur when a muscle tries to do more work than it has the strength and flexibility to handle. As a result, most people have experienced a cramped calf, biceps, hand or other muscle spasm at some time. Another cause can be dehydration. Muscle cells are made up of 80 percent fluids, so they need to be replenished constantly. A combination of overwork and dehydration can be more devastating.

Charlie horse,leg cramps, muscle cramps,leg crampsMuscles contract and relax over and over again (Restless Legs) , but when a cramp occurs, the muscle locks in the contracted position (Charlie Horse) leg pain . When the muscle is irritated, it cramps to protect the area of difficulty. People who overuse their muscles during the day sometimes wake up at night with cramps. The best way to avoid a leg cramp is to warm up and stretch before and after exercise, and stay hydrated.

If you get a cramp, such as a hamstring cramp, lie on your back and gently bring the cramped leg, bent at 90 degrees or so, toward your head. Use one hand to stabilize the front of the thigh, while the other guides the back of the calf. The unclamped leg should be bent at 45 degrees for the least possible strain on your back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit