Computer problems: Jittering MP3s

by Nosferatu 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Okay, it still seems to do it with 320kbps encoded MP3s :(

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Nos I had this problem when our firm "upgraded" to XP. I tried everything and nothing worked. The ultimate solution came when the computer crashed. They gave me a new one and since I've had zero problems. Like you, I've got all mine encoded at 320 on CD-Rs.

I think Scully might be on the right track. I'm thinking there is a systemic flaw.

Chris

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think you should check Daystar's suggestion about RAM. How much does your system have? How likely is it that you could get your company to spring for anothe half gig or so?

In WinXP, if you hit Ctrl-Alt-Del you get the Windows Task Manager, which can be very helpful.

Select the "processes" tab, then click twice on the "CPU" column header, and the processes will be displayed in order of their demand on the CPU, from highest to lowest. It can be an eye-opening experience.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I'm thinking there is a systemic flaw.

That doesn't surprise me since Windows sux, and it gets worse with every new release. That's why I still run Win95 at home. It always worked well for me.

I asked the admin if I could have OS/2 Warp 4, but he wouldn't do it. I wanted to try something different.

Unfortunately, the software I need for programming those cute little bunny modules requires WinXP. I hate Microsoft.

Speaking of hating Microsoft, I have to take home my TRS-80 Pocket Computer that I was playing with during my down time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit