Comments You Will Not Hear at the 7-23-06 WT Study (LOVE LAW)

by blondie 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Comments You Will Not Hear at the 07-23-06 WT Study (June 15, 2006 issue date, pages 20-24 )(LOVE LAW) Review comments will be in red
    WT material from today's WT will be in black
    Quotes from other sources will be in quotes boxes
    w = Watchtower
    g = Awake
    jv = Proclaimers book

www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible (various Bible translations online)
    www.reexamine.org (WT publications online)
    www.silentlambs.org (child abuse)
    www.ajwrb.org (blood issue)
    http://www.randytv.com/secret/unitednations.htm (United Nations issue)

"HOW I DO LOVE YOUR LAW!"

"How I do love your law! All day long it is my concern."-PSALM 119:97.

Opening Comments

What part does the Jewish law code play in the lives of Christians per the early NT writers? What part does it play per the official WTS doctrine? Yet week after week JWs are subjected to instruction from and based on the Jewish law code from the OT not the NT teachings.

(John 15:12) 12 This is my commandment, that YOU love one another just as I have loved YOU.

START OF ARTICLE

Q1, 2) (a) What situation did the inspired writer of Psalm 119 face? (b) How did he react, and why?

1) The writer of Psalm 119 faced a severe trial. Presumptuous enemies who
    disregarded God's law derided him and smeared him with falsehood. princes took counsel against him and persecuted him. The wicked surrounded him, and his very life was endangered. All of this made him "sleepless from grief." (Psalm 119:9, 23, 28, 51, 61, 69, 85, 87,161) In the face of this trial, the psalmist sang: "How I do love your law! All day long it is my concern."-Psalm 119:97.

Severe trial...presumptuous enemies who disregarded God's law...derided him and smeared him with falsehood

Do you see the word "apostates" hidden in this description?

2) You would do well to ask, "How could God's law be a source of solace and comfort to the psalmist?" What sustained him was his confidence that Jehovah was interested in him. Being acquainted with the loving provisions of that law made the psalmist happy, despite the hardships brought upon him by his opposers. He recognized that Jehovah had dealt well with him. Moreover, applying the guidance from God's law made the psalmist wiser than his enemies and had even preserved him alive. Obeying the law gave him peace and a good conscience.-Psalm 119:1, 9, 65, 93, 98,165.

God's law be a source of solace

What is the main source of solace for Christians...the law code?

Jehovah was interested in him--where's Jesus?

being acquainted with the loving provisions of that law

Aren't Christians to be acquainted with the loving provisions of Christ?

applying the guidance from God's law

guidance from Christ?

(Galatians 2:15-21) 15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners from the nations, 16 knowing as we do that a man is declared righteous, not due to works of law, but only through faith toward Christ Jesus, even we have put our faith in Christ Jesus, that we may be declared righteous due to faith toward Christ, and not due to works of law, because due to works of law no flesh will be declared righteous. 17 Now if we, in seeking to be declared righteous by means of Christ, have also ourselves been found sinners, is Christ in reality sin's minister? May that never happen! 18 For if the very things that I once threw down I build up again, I demonstrate myself to be a transgressor. 19 As for me, through law I died toward law, that I might become alive toward God. 20 I am impaled along with Christ. It is no longer I that live, but it is Christ that is living in union with me. Indeed, the life that I now live in flesh I live by the faith that is toward the Son of God, who loved me and handed himself over for me. 21 I do not shove aside the undeserved kindness of God; for if righteousness is through law, Christ actually died for nothing.

Q3) Why is it a challenge for Christians to live according to godly standards today?

3) Some of God's servants today are also undergoing grueling tests of their
    faith. We may not face a life-threatening crisis as the psalmist did, but we do live in "critical times hard to deal with." Many people with whom we are in daily contact have no love for spiritual values-their goals are self-centered and materialistic, their attitude arrogant and irreverent. (2 Timothy 3:1-5) Young Christians regularly have to deal with threats to their moral integrity. In such an environment, it can be difficult to maintain our love for Jehovah and for what is right. How can we protect ourselves?

Christians...God's servants--only JWs

Are "God's servants today" sustained by the "loving provisions of that law"?

Many people with whom we are in daily contact have no love for spiritual values...self-centered and materialistic, their attitude arrogant and irreverent

Many? Everyone who is not a JW. What a word picture of their schoolmates, workmates, non-JW relatives, and neighbors. Is it no wonder that JWs shun non-JWs except door to door.

maintain our love for Jehovah--Where's Jesus?

Q4) How did the psalmist show appreciation for God's law, and should Christians do likewise?

4) What helped the psalmist to withstand the pressures he experienced was his dedicating time to pore over God's law with appreciation. In that way he came to love it. Indeed, almost every verse of Psalm 119 mentions some facet of Jehovah's law.* (*Footnote: * All but 4 of the 176 verses of this psalm mention either Jehovah's commandments, judicial decisions, law, orders, regulations, reminders, sayings, statutes, ways, or word.) Christians today are not bound by the Mosaic Law, which God gave to the ancient nation of Israel. (Colossians 2:14) However, the principles expressed in that Law are of enduring value. These principles were a comfort to the psalmist, as they can be for God's servants who are struggling to deal with the difficulties of modern life.

Christians...God's servants--only JWs

pore over God's law...Jehovah's law...Jehovah's commandments..........

What happened to the law of the Christ?

Disclaimer but does not fit what comes before and after: Christians today are not bound by the Mosaic Law...however, the principles

What principle says that male JWs cannot have beards and be appointed as elders/MS?

(Leviticus 19:27) 27 "'YOU must not cut YOUR sidelocks short around, and you must not destroy the extremity of your beard.

Oh, that's you "must not destroy" your beard.

Q5) What aspects of the Mosaic Law are we going to consider? 6. What fundamental needs do all people have?

5) Let us see what encouragement we can gain from just three aspects of the Mosaic Law: the Sabbath arrangement, the provision for gleaning, and the commandment against covetousness. In each case, we will find that an
    appreciation for the principles behind these laws is vital if we are to meet the challenges that characterize our times.

encouragement...from...Mosaic Law...principles behind these laws

No principles in the NT?

Sabbath

(Colossians 2:16-17) 16 Therefore let no man judge YOU in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of a sabbath; 17 for those things are a shadow of the things to come, but the reality belongs to the Christ.

Gleaning

(Romans 15:26) 26 For those in Mac·e·do´ni·a and A·cha´ia have been pleased to share up their things by a contribution to the poor of the holy ones in Jerusalem.

Covetousness

(1 Timothy 5:24) 24 The sins of some men are publicly manifest, leading directly to judgment, but as for other men [their sins] also become manifest later.

Satisfying Our Spiritual Need

Q6) What fundamental needs do all people have?

6) Mankind was created with a number of needs. Food, drink, and shelter, for example, are essential if a person is to remain in good physical health. Yet, man also has to care for his "spiritual need." He will not be truly happy unless he does that. (Matthew 5:3) Jehovah considered the satisfying of this innate need to be so fundamental that he commanded his people to interrupt their normal activities for one whole day each week in order to give attention to spiritual matters.

Spiritual need...not be truly happy...one whole day each week (12 waking hours)

How many hours does the WTS schedule?

Sunday--6 hours, includes 2 hours meeting, 2 hours travel and getting ready, 1 hour pre-study, 1 hour field service after meeting

Monday--1 hour pre-study for book study

Tuesday--3 hours, 1 hour meeting, 2 hours travel and getting ready

Wednesday--2 hours, 1 hour pre-study, 1 hour evening witnessing

Thursday--4 hours, 2 hour meeting, 2 hours travel and getting ready

Friday--1 hour preparation for Saturday field service

Saturday--3 hours, 2 hours field service, 1 hour travel

20 hours

Q7, 8) (a) How did God make a distinction between the Sabbath and other days? (b) What purpose did the Sabbath serve?

7) The Sabbath arrangement emphasized the importance of spiritual pursuits. The first occurrence of the word "sabbath" in the Bible is in connection with the provision of manna in the wilderness. The Israelites were told that they should collect this miraculous bread for six days. On the sixth day, they were to collect "the bread of two days," for on the seventh, none would be provided. The seventh day would be "a holy sabbath to Jehovah," during which each one should keep sitting in his own place. (Exodus 16:13-30) One of the Ten Commandments mandated that no work at all was to be done on the Sabbath. The day was sacred. The penalty for not observing it was death.-Exodus 20:8-11; Numbers 15:32-36.

Importance of spiritual pursuits...no work at all...penalty was death

(Matthew 12:1-8) 12 At that season Jesus went through the grainfields on the sabbath. His disciples got hungry and started to pluck heads of grain and to eat. 2 At seeing this the Pharisees said to him: "Look! Your disciples are doing what it is not lawful to do on the sabbath." 3 He said to them: "Have YOU not read what David did when he and the men with him got hungry? 4 How he entered into the house of God and they ate the loaves of presentation, something that it was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those with him, but for the priests only? 5 Or, have YOU not read in the Law that on the sabbaths the priests in the temple treat the sabbath as not sacred and continue guiltless? 6 But I tell YOU that something greater than the temple is here. 7 However, if YOU had understood what this means, 'I want mercy, and not sacrifice,' YOU would not have condemned the guiltless ones. 8 For Lord of the sabbath is what the Son of man is."

8) The Sabbath law showed Jehovah's concern for both the physical and the spiritual welfare of his people. "The sabbath came into existence for the sake of man," said Jesus. (Mark 2:27) It not only allowed the Israelites to rest but also gave them the opportunity to draw close to and show love for their Creator. (Deuteronomy 5:12) It was a day dedicated exclusively to spiritual interests. That included family worship, prayer, and meditation on God's Law. The arrangement served to protect the Israelites from using all their time and energy in material pursuits. The Sabbath reminded them that their relationship with Jehovah was the most important thing in their lives. Jesus reiterated that unchanging principle when he said: "It is written, `Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every utterance coming forth through Jehovah's mouth."'-Matthew 4:4.

Blurb on page 21: What did the Sabbath law emphasize?

gave them the opportunity to draw close to and show love for their Creator--Where's Jesus?

a day dedicated exclusively to spiritual interests

Is the WTS suggesting that JWs do the same? What day?

protect using all their time and energy in material pursuits

the ugly head of materialism rises again

Where did the Jews worship? At home? In some meeting place? When did the synagogue arrangement come into being? Was it mandated by the Law?

Q9) What lesson does the Sabbath arrangement provide for Christians?

9) God's people are no longer required to observe a literal 24-hour sabbath
    rest, but the Sabbath arrangement remains much more than a historical curiosity. (Colossians 2:16) Is it not a reminder that we too must give spiritual activities priority? Sacred interests must not be overshadowed by material preoccupations or recreational pursuits. (Hebrews 4:9, 10) So we might ask ourselves: "What takes first place in my life? Am I giving priority to study, prayer, attendance at Christian meetings, and the sharing of the good news of the Kingdom? Or are other interests crowding out such activities?" If we put spiritual matters first in our lives, Jehovah assures us that we will not lack the necessities of life.-Matthew 6:24-33.

Christians...God's people--only JWs

no longer required to observe a literal 24-hour sabbath rest

material preoccupations or rec reationial pursuits...priority to study, prayer, attendance at Christian meetings...sharing of the good news

Notice how there are 2 NT scriptures...why is the OT example needed?

Do JWs never starve? "not lack the necessities of life"

Q10) How can we benefit from dedicating time to spiritual matters?

10) Periods spent studying the Bible and related publications, as well as
    thinking deeply about their message, can help us to draw closer to Jehovah. (James 4:8) Susan, who some 40 years ago began setting aside time for regular Bible study, acknowledges that at first it was not fun. It was a chore. But the more she read, the more she enjoyed it. Now she really misses her personal study if for some reason she cannot get to it. "Study has helped me to get to know Jehovah as a Father," she says. "I can trust him, rely upon him, and freely approach him in prayer. It is really overwhelming to see how much Jehovah loves his servants, how he cares for me personally, and how he has acted in my behalf." What great joy we too can have from regularly attending to our spiritual needs!

Bible and related publications--WT publications, why be bashful?

acknowledges that at first it was not fun...a chore...now really misses

get to know Jehovah as a Father--Where's Jesus

draw closer to Jehovah--where's Jesus

God's Law on Gleaning

Q11) How did the gleaning arrangement work?

11) A second aspect of the Mosaic Law that reflected God's concern for his
    people's welfare was the right to glean. Jehovah ordered that when an Israelite farmer reaped the fruits of his field, the needy should be allowed to collect what harvest workers left behind. Farmers were not to reap the edges of their fields completely, nor were they to gather the leftover grapes or olives. Sheaves of grain inadvertently left in the fields should not be retrieved. This was a loving arrangement in behalf of the poor, the alien residents, the orphans, and the widows. Granted, gleaning required hard work on their part, yet by means of it, they could avoid having to beg.-Leviticus 19:9, 10; Deuteronomy 24:19-22; Psalm 37:25.

Jehovah ordered--what about today? Does he order the congregations to help the needy? Only JWs and only those in "good standing."

in behalf of the...alien residents--see God ordered the Jews to help non-Jews

Q12) What opportunity did the gleaning arrangement give to farmers?

12) The law on gleaning did not stipulate how much produce farmers were to leave for the needy. It was up to them whether the borders of unreaped grain around the edges of their fields would be wide or narrow. In this, the arrangement taught generosity. It gave farmers the opportunity to show their appreciation to the Provider of the harvest, since "the one showing favor to the poor one is glorifying [his Maker]." (Proverbs 14: 31) Boaz was one who did so. He kindly made sure that Ruth, a widow who gleaned in his fields, would collect a good quantity of grain. Jehovah amply rewarded Boaz for his generosity.-Ruth 2:15, 16; 4:21, 22; Proverbs 19:17.

Did not stipulate how much--opportunity to show their appreciation

Are the JWs of today showing their appreciation to the WTS as in days gone past?

Ruth, a widow--a non-Israelite, Moabite woman

Q13) What does the ancient law on gleaning teach us?

13) The principle behind the law on gleaning has not changed. Jehovah expects his servants to be generous, especially toward the needy. The more generous we are, the greater our blessings will be. "Practice giving, and people will give to you," said Jesus. "They will pour into your laps a fine measure, pressed down, shaken together and overflowing. For with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you in return."-Luke 6:38.

Blurb on page 13: What does the law on gleaning teach us?

his servants--only JWs

expects...to be generous, especially toward the needy--only needy JWs

If people at the KH are not giving towards you, does that mean you haven't been giving enough?

Q14, 15) How can we manifest generosity, and with what possible benefits both to us and to those whom we help?

14) The apostle Paul recommended that we "work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related to us in the faith." (Galatians 6:10) Thus, we certainly need to be concerned that fellow Christians receive spiritual help whenever they face tests of their faith. But might they also need practical help, for example, in getting to the Kingdom Hall or in doing their grocery shopping? Are there any elderly, sick, or housebound ones in your congregation who would appreciate an encouraging visit or a helping hand? If we make an effort to be sensitive to such needs, then Jehovah might be able to use us to answer the prayers of a needy one. While caring for one another is a Christian obligation, doing so also helps the caregiver. Showing genuine love to fellow worshippers is a source of great joy and deep satisfaction that wins us Jehovah's smile of approval.-Proverbs 15:29.

work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related to us in the faith

WTS Translation: work good toward the WTS, then the JWs, and if you have anything leftover.........

fellow Christians--only JWs

practical help

Getting to the KH--has it been easy getting a ride to the KH? I heard many a brother or sister crab because they "had to" pick someone up.

Housebound--visit only if you could count the time or it was someone likeable

Helping hand--cleaning, cooking, shopping, when was the last time a brother lowered himself to do something like that?

15) Another important way in which Christians show an unselfish attitude is by using their time and energy to speak about God's purposes. (Matthew 28:19, 20) Anyone who has had the joy of helping another person to arrive at the point of dedicating his life to Jehovah knows the truth of Jesus' words: "There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving."-Acts 20:35.

Christians--only JWs (under the Mosaic Principles)

dedicating his life to Jehovah--where's Jesus?

Guarding Against Covetousness

Q16, 17) What did the tenth commandment prohibit, and why?

16) The third aspect of God's Law to Israel that we are going to consider is the tenth commandment, which prohibited covetousness. The Law stated: "You must not desire your fellowman's house. You must not desire your fellowman's wife, nor his slave man nor his slave girl nor his bull nor his ass nor anything that belongs to your fellowman." (Exodus 20:17) No human could enforce such a commandment, since no one can read hearts. That commandment, however, elevated the Law to a plane higher than that of human justice. It made each Israelite aware that he was directly accountable to Jehovah, who can read the inclinations of the heart. (1 Samuel 16:7) Moreover, this commandment got to the very root of many illicit acts. James 1:14.

3rd aspect of God's Law--not the law of Christ

(Galatians 6:2) 2 Go on carrying the burdens of one another, and thus fulfill the law of the Christ.

No human could enforce such a commandment, since no one can read hearts

So that means the elders can't read hearts and can't enforce any laws or commandments today, right?

directly accountable to Jehovah, who can read the inclinations of the heart

Then why do the elder bodies of JW congregations have the authority to disfellowship congregation members?

*** w81 7/1 p. 21 par. 15 The God of Love Hates a Divorcing ***

Elders can base their decision only on the apparent repentance, but they are unable to read the heart fully.

17) The law against covetousness encouraged God's people to avoid materialism, greed, and grumbling about their lot in life. It also safeguarded them from the temptation to commit theft or immorality. There will always be those who have material possessions that we admire or who in one way or another seem to be more successful than we are. If we fail to control our thinking in such situations, we could become unhappy and feel envious of others. The Bible calls covetousness a manifestation of "a disapproved mental state." We are far better off without it.-Romans 1:28-30.

avoid materialism, greed, and grumbling about their lot in life

Materialism again (will this be the last time in this article?)...material possessions that we admire...seem to be more successful than we are

So who's grumbling in the happy land of WTS?

Q18) What spirit prevails in the world today, and what negative effects can it produce?

18) The spirit prevailing in the world today promotes materialism and
    competition. Through advertising, commerce arouses desires for new products and often conveys the idea that we are not going to be happy unless we acquire them. This is exactly the kind of spirit that Jehovah's Law condemned. Related to it is the desire to get ahead in life at any cost and to accumulate wealth. The apostle Paul warned: "Those who are determined to be rich fall into temptation and a snare and many senseless and hurtful desires, which plunge men into destruction and ruin. For the love of money is a root of all sorts of injurious things, and by reaching out for this love some have been led astray from the faith and have stabbed themselves all over with many pains."-1 Timothy 6:9, 10.

spirit prevailing in the world today promotes materialism and competiton

So does that mean that JWs can't bid for cleaning jobs, compete for a job in an interview?

advertising...desires for new products...not going to be happy unless we acquire...desire to get ahead in life at any cost and to accumulate wealth

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/business_columnists/article/0,1299,DRMN_82_4853849,00.html

Ronald Nadel and Joseph Malone, two businessmen in California associated with an outfit called Renaissance Asset Fund Inc., attracted more than $16 million from close to 200 investors around the country, many of them elderly and fellow Jehovah's Witnesses, the SEC said in a lawsuit filed earlier this week.

They promised big returns, ranging from 10 percent to 25 percent in as little as four months, the SEC alleged, and said the money would be used to provide loans or other financing to business ventures, including an outlet shopping mall in Dacono, 20 miles north of Denver.

They raised at least $7.5 million for the venture and said the Dacono project was advancing, the SEC said. But the mall was never built, according to authorities. Nadel knew by at least mid-2001 that the Dacono property had fallen into foreclosure.

They still promised the venture was safe.

It wasn't.

Authorities said it was a Ponzi scheme in which the defendants paid early investors with funds they attracted from later ones. They also used investors' money for "lavish personal expenses," the SEC said.

Nadel diverted about $2.3 million to pay for car leases, country club memberships and other purchases, according to the complaint.

Q19, 20) (a) For the lover of Jehovah's law, what things are truly valuable? (b) What will be the subject of the next article?

19) Those who love God's law recognize the dangers of a materialistic spirit and are protected from it. The psalmist, for example, prayed to Jehovah: "Incline my heart to your reminders, and not to profits. The law of your mouth is good for me, more so than thousands of pieces of gold and silver." (Psalm 119:36, 72) Being convinced of the truth of these words will help us to maintain the balance necessary to avoid the snares of materialism, greed, and dissatisfaction with our lot in life. "Godly devotion," not the amassing of possessions, is the key to the greatest gain possible.-1 Timothy 6:6.

love God's law--but aren't JWs not under the Mosaic law but the law of the Christ?

dangers of a materialistic spirit--how many times is that?

avoid the snares of materialism, greed, and dissatisfaction with our lot in life

20) The principles behind the Law that Jehovah gave to the ancient nation of Israel are as valuable in our difficult times as they were when Jehovah gave that Law to Moses. The more we apply these principles in our lives, the more we will appreciate them, the more we will come to love them, and the happier we will be. The Law preserves many valuable lessons for us, and vivid reminders of their worth are presented by the lives and experiences of Bible characters. Some of these will be considered in the following article.

principles or laws?

If we aren't happy it's because we aren't applying the laws woops principles.

Bible characters next week--how many do you think will be from the NT?

How Would You Answer?

- Why did the writer of Psalm 119 love Jehovah's law?
    - What can Christians learn from the Sabbath arrangement?
    - Of what lasting value is God's law on gleaning?
    - How does the commandment against covetousness protect us?

Concluding Comments

Next week:

Loyalty to God's Arrangement
    A Warning Reminder
    Maintaining Chastity
    Heed God's Reminders

Did you feel like an Israelite under the Mosaic Law as a JW? Or do you feel like that now? If you take the Belief-O-Matic Quiz, do you come up an Orthodox Jew? What is the law of the Christ? How many meetings did the Jews go to? Was it mandated by the Law?

Well, we'll be heading to Michigan tomorrow to see all the peeps. I never felt this way about going to an assembly/convention except when I was younger and leaving the house was exciting.

Stay cool and dry folks and don't play in the fire. Have I hit all the natural disasters in the US?

Love, Blondie

• ColdRedRain
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

From the "lesson":

"You would do well to ask, "How could God's law be a source of solace and comfort to the psalmist?" What sustained him was his confidence that Jehovah was interested in him. Being acquainted with the loving provisions of that law made the psalmist happy, despite the hardships brought upon him by his opposers. He recognized that Jehovah had dealt well with him. Moreover, applying the guidance from God's law made the psalmist wiser than his enemies and had even preserved him alive. Obeying the law gave him peace and a good conscience."

Oh, the bad writing in this paragraph alone.

"Jehovah is interested in him"?? Is that like being a person of interest? Why not say, God LOVED him, or cherished him?

"Being acquainted with..the law"?? I thought David was such a LOVER of the law (Bathsheba too, but that is another story..well, OK, maybe he was just "acquainted" with the law; no fanatic about keeping it, that's for sure). Why use such weak wording as 'acquainted'?

"Applying the guidance from God's law"?? Awkward. Guided by the spirit of the law, or applying the principles behind the law, but applying the guidance? Sheesh.

Who is writing this drivel? My advice to whoever scribbled this WT out: At least go to a local community college writing class, and spare the Sunday crowd this painful writing.

Great job blondie. The obsession with OT drama, mindset and obedience themed tales continues.

BTW to Brooklyn: PSALMS is a book of SONGS!! Do you take all songs literally, or are they sometimes hyperbole? Do you really think the writer of this Psalm 'pored over the law'?

Maybe; but if it was David, he picked and chose what were his favorites.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Thank you once again for your comments. One thing that stands out for me is the thing about beards - the mosaic law was for keeping it - in other words the principle was to be different from other nations around them. But today its conform to a worldly 'business man' standard! Pathetic Pharisaical people!

CS 101

• juni
    juni

They pick and choose at will for what best suits their purpose at the time.

Thanks Blondie for your hard work. Enjoy your time away!

Juni

• Perry
    Perry
    Bible characters next week--how many do you think will be from the NT?

And they get offended when people consider them to be unchristian. Living by laws and rules has only one effect.
    John 5: 39 "You have your heads in your Bibles constantly because you think you'll find eternal life there. But you miss the forest for the trees. These Scriptures are all about me! 40 And here I am, standing right before you, and you aren't willing to receive from me the life you say you want. - Jesus .

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

"... a challenge for Christians to live according to Godly standards today..."

I think they should say, it's a challenge living up to Watchtower standards! Godly standards are simple and straight forward. It's the Watchtower hurdles you can never get past, and all the rules, rules, rules one can never keep up with!

• anewme
    anewme

"You would do well to ask" how did I allow myself to be corralled like this for so long?

Thankyou Blondie and have a fun vacation with the apostapals!

Anewme

• Gopher
    Gopher

Since the Mosaic law is dead, now the JW's must LOVE THE PRINCIPLES in order to be accepted by their leadership.

This is confusing and mind-bending.

Now the Watchtower Society makes the Laws, "based" on Bible principles.

The Watchtower laws are found nowhere in the Bible, but you're asked to trust that the principles are in there. No matter how often they change their laws (blood fractions now okay, civil service in place of military service now okay, voting a conscience matter in certain situations, pinata parties now okay, the list goes on and on) -- the principles were always there. Thank Jehovah the Pharisees WT Society was there to explain them to you!

After all, being a Christian Witness of Jehovah means you don't have your conscience trained to discern what is right or wrong. No, only the Watchtower laws can help you obey the principles!

Sheesh.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Where did the WTS get the idea the Sabbath was instituted for spiritual pursuits?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit