What book are they studying at the book study these days?

by unbrainwashed 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Warlock
    Warlock

What about the conductors?

If they are going to study the Revelation Book again, the conductors are going to have to get on the c.d. or have enough bound volumes to research what is "new light" as opposed to "old light", so they aren't accused of being "false teachers", trying to "confuse the flock".

Warlock

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

What book are they studying at the book study these days ?

One that they wrote themselves - nothing like writing and studying a book about what you already think to enhance real learning

• willyloman
    willyloman

I am happy to report... I have no idea!

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone
    If they are going to study the Revelation Book again, the conductors are going to have to get on the c.d. or have enough bound volumes to research what is "new light" as opposed to "old light", so they aren't accused of being "false teachers", trying to "confuse the flock".

Actually, I have it on very good authority from someone who attended the summer convention in a Scandanavian country that one of the "new" releases was a revised Revelation book! So I'm sure that there have been changes over the years in the "new" editions of the English Revelation book, too, but I can't even stomach the thought of comparing the new and old versions to find them......... Does anyone know anything about what the WTS has changed over the years in the Revelation book??

GGG

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

This sounds like a publishing companys paradise.

Change a few sentences here and there because of new light and presto 6 million new book sales.

Quote from satan " You two can live forever in paradise".

• blondie
    blondie

Well, it certainly isn't the Bible.

Blondie

• Pwned
    Pwned

is there a precedent for revising/re-releasing books? i thought they just phased the revisions in like the US mint does with currency

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Come on you know the real reason they are studying the Rev book again. It is the closest thing to fire and brimstone that they can preach without talking about there being a Hell because JWs don't believe in hell. I remember the Rev book real well, all the doom and gloom, it is right up the JWs alley. They can tie it into the middle east and the conflict there.

The friends I recently traveled w/ are still active dubs. They informed me that the society is changing its view on the King of the North/King of the South crap. Now the middle east is being throw out there. My response was, well give it 10 years and it will change like every other prediction that the JWs have made even though they condemn other religions for making predictions because no one knows what the biblical symbolism means (expect JWs of course)

• sspo
    sspo

How do you like sitting at the book study one more time thru the revelation book and listining to all those prophecies and being told how everyone of them was fulfilled thru the Governing Body?

That's what drives me nuts.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

A revised Revelation book? I would really like to see that. Just so I can see the changes myself. It's like 1984!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit