Is China just Satan's home and his people?

by free2beme 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

anewme....When viewed with a historical perspective, the behavior of the Society towards countries where work is banned is downright wimpy. Once upon a time, there was another country where work was banned. That country was Nazi Germany. Had the German Witnesses took the low-profile and cautious approach the Society now takes with China and North Korea and other similar countries, they would not have been persecuted to the extent that they were. But Rutherford insisted that they must publically continue to sell his magazines, which contained lots of anti-Nazi propoganda, and even told them that failing to boldly go forth in the face of presecution with his magazines was tauntamont to denying the Lord and would render one eternally lost to Gehenna. He told them explicitly that they must continue unhindered even if it costs them their lives. So why the different approach now? Why not send hundreds and hundreds of missionaries to North Korea with magazines boldly declaring that the government is the spawn of Satan? Why do they instead write off these countries as "in Jehovah's hands" when Armageddon comes?

• sir82
    sir82
    The standard JW answer to this question is “Jehovah knows what is in peoples hearts”.

In which case, I would ask, then why the urgency in preaching?

I would hazard a guess that fully 3 billion of the world's population have never even heard the tem "Jehovah's Witness". And of the rest, fully 99% have no idea what JWs teach.

So if Jehovah will judge those billions of persons by "what is in their hearts", why is it necessary for the JWs to spend all that time preaching? Isn't it just a waste?

• FairMind
    FairMind
    In which case, I would ask, then why the urgency in preaching?

One of the answers is that it gives JWs something to do that they believe to be a privilege granted by God. It serves as a force to unify memebers.

Whether one agrees that JWS have the truth or not, Jesus did say his followers were to preach and make disciples. He also said the “Good News” would be preached throughout the inhabited earth as a witness (not to every individual) and then the end would come. When a religion teaches a scriptural truth, then IMO it is still the truth regardless of the message bearer.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Ok, FairMind - you do answer why you think the JWs still preach the end of the world -

What you did not answer is "what is the urgency"?

"Urgency" takes on some ridiculous overtones when you consider how long they have taught this, and how many dates have come and gone...

• blondie
    blondie

It's not enough to have it in your heart. You must be a dedicated, baptized JW.

w89 9/1 p. 19 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium ***

Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4) They will make up the "flesh" that Jesus Christ said would be saved through the worst tribulation of all human history.

*** Knowledge book chap. 18 p. 180 Make It Your Aim to Serve God Forever ***

Bible prophecies show that God views such ones as marked to survive the execution of his judgment soon to come upon this wicked system of things. (Ezekiel 9:1-6; Malachi 3:16, 18) Are you "rightly disposed for everlasting life"? (Acts 13:48) Is it your earnest desire to be marked as one serving God? Dedication and baptism are part of that mark, and they are essential for survival.

• FairMind
    FairMind

james_woods, you raise a good point regarding why is it urgent. Perhaps (and I'm only surmising here) it is urgent for the benefit it has on the one preaching more so than its effectiveness on those preached to. A Christians "preaching the good new of the kingdom" could possibly lead to salvation for a few as well as himself/herself. By the way, I don't believe leaving a religious magazine with someone constitutes praching the good news. IMO a Christian should speak from their heart and use the Bible only as the basis for this.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Thanks FairMind, but I cannot help thinking: Only if what he was preaching was true...and only if it really helped the ones preached to.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Probably Chinese food won't be on the menu in the new system

Oh no, I don't want to be there then, I can't survive without the occasional takeaway.

Since it's obvious that not everyone could ever be preached to, we were always told that Jehovah would decide who deserved the opportunity to live, depending on their heart condition. Even so, it was our duty to take the message to as many as we could before the end.

• blondie
    blondie

BTW, the food sold in Canada, the US, or outside China, is not Chinese food...that's what all my Chinese friends say. I had dinner at their home and found out the difference.

Blondie

• free2beme
    free2beme

Life lesson #189 - As learned from watching South Park

1. Asian people have no souls

So, are Witnesses South Park fans or what?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit