If I Wanted Hot & Humid...

by XJW4EVR 6 Replies latest jw friends

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I would be living in Texas not Los Angeles. Sheesh!

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

just stoppin in to say hi to ya XJW4EVR.... How's it going?

PEACE, Mike

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I'm miserable. I hate this weather! On the bright side, at least I don't have to trudge to Long Beach or suffer in Dodger Stadium during this heat.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

you can come visit if ya like...

alt

alt

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

When I lived in Oakland, California, I hated the really hot days because we lived on the top floor of an apartment building with a tar roof with no a/c but then most homes in the Bay Area proper don't have a/c.

Josie

• Keyboard22
    Keyboard22

Hello guys,

Your temperatures are a breeze considering Britain's just now. Never know anything like it since 1908 hotter than Egypt hotter than the canaries, only trouble is we are not used to it here. One guy in Arizona here for the golf mentioned he came here to cool off lol but we are warmer here at this time. Britain is always like that dare I say with tongue in cheek.

Check it out

Heatwave brings record temperatures

Click here

Kate Pettitt helps dog Jamie cool down in a London park

- Your heatwave pictures
    - Find a local forecast
    - Shopping: Garden fun

Britain sweltered on the hottest July day for nearly a century as the current heatwave reached its peak.

The all-time record British temperature for the month was smashed when the mercury hit 36.3C (97.3F) at Charlwood in Surrey.

It consigned the previous long-standing record of 36C (96.8F) set at Epsom, Surrey, on July 22, 1911 to the history books.

Forecasters said the hot weather reached almost every corner of the country with temperatures of 35C (95F) recorded in Birmingham, Bedford and London.

Other hotspots included Crosby, near Liverpool (34.3C/93.7F), Anglesey in north Wales (33.6C/92.5F), Bristol (34.7C/94.5F) and Prestwick in Scotland which reached 31.3C (88.3F).

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

OFG, those are really beautiful pictures.

Xjw4evr, the humidity is going to work wonders on your skin. When I went to Korea in July 6 years ago, I was so shocked how humid it was. I grew up there but it had been 15 years so I forgot the weather. However, everyone had a flawless skin. I was the only slop in shorts and T-shirt with frizzy hair. Oh, yeah, the humidity can do that to your hair, too.

I love California weather (S.F. Bay Area.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit