(More Photo's) Tide Pools / Trinidad, California

by OpenFireGlass 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Kudra
    Kudra

Hey free2beme...
    I was a dub in Arcata- from ~1999 to ~2003.

Were you there then?
    -K

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Mike , what type of camera and lens are you using ? I still shoot 35mm with a Canon Elan 7 , but I am looking for a new camera. I really love your pictures . My oldest son lives in San Diego and last year he took us to some tide pools. We didn't see as much as your pictures showed , but still very interesting .

• KW13
    KW13

i am amazed how well your own work captures the beauty of the real thing - really good stuff

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Man I'm glad all that weed smokin' paid off... Thanks for the compliments on the my work, ya'll

Mike , what type of camera and lens are you using ? I still shoot 35mm with a Canon Elan 7 , but I am looking for a new camera.

Hee hee... All the photo's I've posted on here were taken with a Cannon Power Shot A85 (4 mp)... I process them with an older versin of Minolta DiMAGE software (excellent tone curve graph adjustment feature)..

And all of my Glass was photographed with a "Minolta DiMAGE 7i"... When I bought it 5 years ago, it had the shortest macro focus range (3 cm) of any digital camera in production...

... But I will say Cannon has the best in camera imaging software (Digic I & II) around at the moment... I really dig my canon point and shoot... wish it did better in the macro dept. , but hey, it's a point and shoot...

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Beautiful pictures Mike! The colors under the sea are stunning. I did some snorkling off the coast of Mexico once and even though it was breath taking it was nothing like what you showed.

Nice piece of jewlery, I'll check your site out when I really have the time to look thoroughly.

Again thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit