Don't Get Caught!...

by Justice-One 18 Replies latest jw friends

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I almost got caught on Sunday. My comp is in my room, and the forum was maximized on the screen. Dad comes up to say something, but doesn't say anything because he's trying to peek around the corner. I move to block. Right then I thought he saw everything...but I don't think he saw anything. I thought up what I was going to say when I came downstairs, but he hasn't brought it up...yet.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

You really got to sweat the small stuff when it comes to staying under the radar. Those little mistakes will nail you every time. I would really think about rearanging your room so the back of the monitor faces the door. And one more thing - Even when JWD is minimized, you can still see "Jehovah's Witness Dis" very clearly at the bottom of the screen. BTW, if your Dad is on the prowl make SURE you use a good program like CCleaner to sanitize your system after EVERY use. I would also recommend that you look into PGP Personal Edition. It comes with PGP disk, and can be very handy.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

You really got to sweat the small stuff when it comes to staying under the radar. Those little mistakes will nail you every time. I would really think about rearanging your room so the back of the monitor faces the door. And one more thing - Even when JWD is minimized, you can still see "Jehovah's Witness Dis" very clearly at the bottom of the screen. BTW, if your Dad is on the prowl make SURE you use a good program like CCleaner to sanitize your system after EVERY use. I would also recommend that you look into PGP Personal Edition. It comes with PGP disk, and can be very handy.
    --Justice-One
    I don't think I can rearrange my room so that my monitor faces away from the door. You have to peek around the corner to see it. I do usually remember to keep an unrelated tab open for quick minimization. The only reason why I got caught was because I was busy reading something else away from the comp, and it hadn't gone to screensaver yet. Otherwise I can sense people coming, no matter what I'm doing (sixth sense I guess) and hide it.
    Thankfully, my dad respects my privacy, though that one time was an exception. I wouldn't expect him to get on my computer.
    However, I will check out CCleaner and PGP Personal Edition.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    SirNose wrote: it hadn't gone to screensaver yet.

Isn't there a key-combination to quickly activate the screensaver? Seems I've seen it a few times.

-Aude.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I wouldn't expect him to get on my computer.

Always try to expect the unexpected. Always play the "what if" game.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Always try to expect the unexpected. Always play the "what if" game.

When I came home from Bethel, my parents had their suspicions about my "spirituality" (even though at the time I was completely loyal to the WTS). They intercepted every piece of my mail and looked through my computer files when i was gone to work. Of course, that was the last straw and I moved out even though I had no place to go. I think they were concerned I had some relationship with a girl and they thought it was bringing me down or something. Bitches lost all respect I had for them and eternally ruined our relationship. I can forgive to a degree, but you just can't trust people anymore. My wife is totally different though - completely respects my privacy as I do hers. But still, I will never be able to trust anyone completely again.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I have just recently begun to relax caring whether my hubby see's me on here or not . Tonight I even showed him the thread some one has on here about a pidgeon . I figure a bit at a time might soften his response . I am careful who I tell my new found beliefs to though . I am telling more and more people mostly relatives that are not JW and work mates .

• justsomedude
    justsomedude
    Even when JWD is minimized, you can still see "Jehovah's Witness Dis" very clearly at the bottom of the screen.

Here is what I do to make sure something harmless is displayed in the title of the IE (or whatever) window. (hopefully Ill get this HTML to post right first time)

<HTML>
    <title>Something Harmless</title>
    <FRAMESET ROWS="1%,99%">
    <FRAME SRC="top.html" NAME=topright>
    <FRAME SRC="http://www.jehovahs-witness.com" NAME=bottomright>
    </FRAMESET>

</HTML>

Just save this code as an .html file and then use your browser to open it.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    But still, I will never be able to trust anyone completely again.

I have the same problem. I believe it to be a type of mental scarring that is common in JW's and ex-JW's. As for me I only have two people that I completely trust, and one of them is not my wife. Sad huh.

Hey, do you realize we just had a civil exchange? LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit