Don't Get Caught!...

by Justice-One 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

I have been successful at keeping my true feelings from my wife and others for more than 15 years. I came to understand a long time ago that this was just the way things had to be. But for the most part, I live my life the way I want to live it. And in doing so I have brought the art of living a "double life" to new highs. For one, I'm a big fan of Public Key Encryption, and a program called PGP Disk. In a nutshell, I have an area on my drive (PGP Disk) that is protected with military grade encryption. (4096 bits - AES-256.) And I use a strong passphrase that is only kept in my mind. All my files and email that could get me DF'ed are kept there, and they can be encrypted with the touch of one "hot key."

I also use a program called CCleaner. It is by far the best I have found at wiping all traces of where I have been online.

I have also made use from time to time of Hushmail.

Some would say I act paranoid. But are you being paranoid when they really are out to get you?

• Warlock
    Warlock

I just think it's sad that we have to do things like that to protect ourselves from God's "loving" organization.

Warlock

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    I have also made use from time to time of Hushmail.

Some would say I act paranoid. But are you being paranoid when they really are out to get you?

You must have some fancy skoolin' to know how to do all that. Me K.I.S.S. If I get caught I'll own up plus I doubt I'm that important that anyone would be "out to get" moi.

I do realize how much some of you have at stake so whatever you must do do.

• Warlock
    Warlock

biker,

That's the funny thing about this whole thing. IF I do get caught, what else could I do other than to own up to it, like you said? It would cause a lot of problems, but I wouldn't deny being here and saying what I have said.

Warlock

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    It would cause a lot of problems, but I wouldn't deny being here and saying what I have said.

Warlock

I hear ya on that one. In some ways it would be a relief if you know what I mean.

I've actually gotten to the point where if I'm asked I'm saying what I believe now. I would much rather live with honesty and without my JW relatives than sneaking around hoping they don't find out. But I totally understand that's just me and even a few months ago I didn't feel that way, it's taken me a long time to get to this point.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

As for me...(In my best Bart Simpson voice) "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove a thing." LOL.

• LDH
    LDH

what a lot of effort to be a normal human being...pox on WBTS

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    what a lot of effort to be a normal human being...pox on WBTS

It has almost become a game to me. And it has been highly educational. I doubt that I ever would have read a book like The Code Breakers had I not had a reason to be interested in codes/encryption.

But if they do have the truth, I may one day be screwed. With todays technology, the best guess is that without the passphrase, it would take several billion times the age of the universe to factor (decode) the type of encryption I use. So if they are going to live forever...they might have a chance.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I wouldn't call it 'acting paranoid'. I'm out of the cult and live alone but still maintain secure computers at home. Aside from my own personal data, I do work on my home computers for my employer as well as for a local charity. Also, I've had a taste of what identity theft can do. I use PGP disk with Aladdin etoken, a high end hardware firewall, software firewall, antivirus, antispam, antispyware, and computers are locked down. I use a cross cut shredder for documents that need to be destroyed.

And no one other than me ever touches my computers.

W

• Honesty
    Honesty

No, the jw's are not a cult.

15 years of staying off their radar screens has to be a record.

I bet you could look Old Ted dead on and not produce a single crow's foot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit