The Mayan Calander Ends 2012 December

by frankiespeakin 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

One of the most fascinating books I've read and own on this subject is "The Mayan Factor: by Jose Arguelles. Check this website out for a brief summary about that and Dr. Arguelles:

Click here: Notes

also: Click here: Jose Arguelles-Valum Votan

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Sunnygal--"The Mayan Factor" was one of the first books to get me into this whole mystique. My own copy is about as worn-out & dog-eared as a book can get, but I still look through it from time to time. I have not yet read Arguelles' sequel, "Time & The Technosphere." If you can possibly find it, "Surfers of the Zuvuya" (one of his lesser-known books) makes quite an interesting read...

FMZ--The Navajo & Hopi Indians of northern Arizona also have very complex & intriguing cosmologies based partly on the idea of coming changes. The Hopi in particular believe that we have gone through successive Worlds or creations & are about to exit the current one (I think the Fourth). The rungs on the ladders leading up from their kivas (underground ceremonial rooms) are said to represent our past ascension through these respective Worlds...

There is a book out, "The Hopi Survival Kit: Prophecies, Instructions & Warnings Revealed by the Last Elders" by Thomas E. Mails. I've not read it but have seen it in several bookstores & also on Amazon.com. Here are a couple of links dealing with Hopi prophecy:

www.v-j-enterprises.com/hopi.html

www.welcomehome.org/rainbow/prophecy/hopi1.html

And here is another good (not to mention colorful) Maya site: www.mayanmajix.com

If you would ever like to explore these areas (or any others) with me in the future, please feel free to PM me at any time. I will respond as soon as possible (given the ever-present work & Internet limitations...)

Peace,

DesertRat

• FMZ
    FMZ

DR, I'll check out those books and sites and see which feels right for me to read, thanks for the recommendations. :)

As noted previously, what I find most striking here is the timing with regards to the theory of the "Indigo Children". The Indigos were first noted about 10 years ago by a Western couple (it would seem, purely independently of other culture's belief systems). They are said to be the step to the next evolution of mankind, on a higher spiritual vibration than previous generations.

This seems to fit in perfectly with the timing of the events of 2012. By that time, most of the Indigos would be of age, and mature enough to take the lead after whatever that year brings. I sometimes wonder if I am of this caste.

One young lady that I know is Indigo has had premonitions all her life, and has been told many times that she is here for a higher purpose (by people not even aware of the Indigo theory). She has been told that she will take the lead after some major world events. She is a very special person. Again, all of this seems to coincide with the end of the Mayan calendar.

Looks like I have a lot of reading to do. I always find it interesting when belief systems converge like this, seemingly all reaching the same conclusion independently.

KJ

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Didn't this almost happen with US in 2000? Our calendar only went to 1999 right? If we hadn't been around to fix it our calendar would have ended too! Significance? ZERO!

• FMZ
    FMZ

MKR, pardon the bottle of wine I just drank.. but...

Our calendar (the Gregorian calendar that so many countries subscribe to) is only based EXTREMELEY loosely on the Gregorian calendar, which doesn't hold much to the cycles of life on this planet.

The Mayan calendar is nothing but cycles... There is a big difference bro.

FMZ

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I predict there will be beer available for consumption after the Mayan calendar ends. You read it here first.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    The Indigos were first noted about 10 years ago by a Western couple (it would seem, purely independently of other culture's belief systems). They are said to be the step to the next evolution of mankind, on a higher spiritual vibration than previous generations.

The Indigo Child concept was first popularized by the book, "The Indigo Children," written by the husband and wife team Lee Carroll and Jan Tober. Carroll also portrays himself as a channeler for "Kryon," a spiritual entity who predicted the coming of the Indigo Children.

Twyman sells books and Internet course based on the Psychic Children. He holds pricey Psychic Children conferences, camps, and fairs, charging about $300 for adults for the main conference. He offers an Internet course on telekinetic spoon-bending. He purportedly conversed with Jesus ("Jeshua") who revealed to Twyman through a "Divine Partnership" the "secrets of Heaven and Earth," which Twyman turned into an Internet course for required donations -- with a suggested retail value of $150.

http://www.selectsmart.com/twyman.html

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Why the hell would the Mayans have known anything about the distant future?

http://skepdic.com/maya.html

• Genesis
    Genesis

Dont worry, armaggedon will surely be there before 2012, this wicked system of things cant last longer...

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Elsewhere, The great wooden Cuckoo will then descend back into the great chasm and the icecap will then be restored to its previous state.

But not before the ancient Mayan god plucks out the cookoo’s wooden heart and eats it.

plm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit