meeting you through your post histories

by Quandry 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

As I am relative newcomer to this forum, everyone here was a mystery to me. What I have been doing is going back through the post histories.

Wednesday, you are an interesting person.

Cabin in the woods, you are about my age, where you live sounds beautiful, and I can sympathize with you about your children's views of their childhood. I also have experienced the intense loneliness that you have described, as I went from having hundreds of "friends" one day to none the next. This, although I am not disfellowshipped. Funny how fast they drop you if they think that you may be having some difficulty in the congregation.

Ironclaw, read your bio.as well, and enjoyed it.

Blondie, you seem so knowledgeable. Bet you were looked to for many comments in the Hall.

So many of you to read about. Some names I do not see as regular posters anymore.

I am glad I have this opportunity to "meet" everyone.

I have not been able to really post "my story" yet, for as I said, I am not disfellowshipped. Aside from the fact that I am inactive, I am (I guess) considered in somewhat good standing. I was in the truth for over thirty years. Was loyal, loyal, loyal. If not for the way my child was treated-made to read a scripture that she would burn in the fire with the devil and his angels-lied to, berated, etc., I would still be in, never looking on any sites. This, although I had nagging, creeping doubts. Thought it was me and my sinful nature!!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

How's your daughter doing now?

If not for the way my child was treated-made to read a scripture that she would burn in the fire with the devil and his angels-lied to, berated, etc.,

Does she still go to the meetings?

• serendipity
    serendipity

I also like to look at people's profiles as well.

• Quandry
    Quandry

My daughter could not go to meetings.she wanted to die. We spent hours and hours talking to her, telling her she had worth in God's eyes, that Jesus died for everyone, that no one has the right to condemn another human, not elders, not anyone. She had nightmares that she was killing herself, because she thought they wanted her to die. She tried, for awhile, just to please her dad and me. But eventually, and this is the long story part of it, when we could see that the men who did this to her were not going to be held accountable for what they said to her, we all quit going. The pain of sitting there, listening to someone on the platform saying "Elders are like a hiding place from the wind" was too much.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I like to read other people's profiles too, but I'm afraid to reveal much in mine! Some of us are afraid that, somehow, those Dubby relatives that aren't supposed to visit sites like this, will....and recognize us. I'd be more comfortable telling more about my past in a PM, if anyone wanted to know.

• jgnat
    jgnat

OOOOOH, that makes me mad, Quandary. Nothing makes my blood boil faster than a child robbed of her future. I know you and your husband are working hard to heal the damage. I wouldn't want to be in those elder's shoes at the judgement seat.

It would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin. (Matthew 18:6, Mark 9:42, Luke 17:2 NIV)
  • Quandry
    Quandry

I did want to clear one thing up. I am Quandry. Yes, when I first posted, I was so upset that I did not check the correct spelling of the word. Had I done that, I would have seen that there was already a poster here--Quandary-- and chosen another alias. I suppose I should change mine. Don't want to be confused with another poster. Quandary is probably wondering, also.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I say, Quandry, keep it. I don't think Quandary posts that regularly. I've been here a while and I think if I changed the spelling of mine (so they'd stop calling me GEEnat but JAYnat at the apostafests), nobody would recognize me.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy Quandry!

Don't know if you're near enough or want to, but you're invited to a little shindig we're having locally:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/19/113540/11.ashx

• Arthur
    Arthur

Hi Quandry

I thought that you misspelled your alias on purpose; just to be different. Actually, I think you should just probably keep it that way. It's different. I've seen other people on this site have alias words spelled differently.

There are a lot of us who have a similar situation as you, therefore don't post any kind of bio. We totally understand why you don't yet want to get too personal. Sorry to hear about your daughter. I'm new to this site, so I don't think I had yet read any of your posts. Hello and greetings to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit