Fluff - what would you do?

by serendipity 26 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I guess it's the same thing I'd do if I won the lottery.

Quit my current job.

Find meaningful work that would contribute in some positive way to the world.

Travel extensively: South Pacific, Europe, a number of islands, Australia, a number of places right here in the US.

I would work out more and do more yoga

Write a book or two

Move to a place that has more scenic beauty but not isolated

read

read

and read some more

Make a documentary about the JWs ala Ken Burn's "Civil War" style.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I would buy a huge ass mansion.
    Then I would thrown an international apostafest and anyone that couldn't afford to fly I would get their tickets for them and house them in my huge mansion.
    Then when the fest was finished, I would sell the house (after the maid cleaned it all up ;) ) and I would donate the $$$ to ONE.org and other charities that we all agreed upon while at the fest.

Then go back home to Redford and if there was anything left over fix up my house and sell it and move to a quiet location where I could have a sheep farm and drink Guinness and live in peace.

(Using firefox and don't know how to make smilies work on this thing but if I had smiliies there would be smilies all over this post.)

BSoM

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

I would pay off my bills and the bills of some people that struggle plus put food in their cupboards and freezers

I would set up a free med for people in need at all the local pharmacies.

Then I would leave and never look back.

Mary

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'd buy a dozen new suits, ties, and a new briefcase and pioneerâ„¢.

How big of a fortune? I can be pretty high maintenance...

I'd buy a small house in the country, work part time, and be more involved in local charities.

And I'd buy toys. Lots and lots of toys...

W

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I'd buy a house, move out, and write that DA letter. Not too creative, I know...but that's what I'd do.

• In Between
    In Between

Travel ... then travel some more ;)

Help friends and family.

After a year of so of playing, I'd probably grow up a little bit and do something worth while ... LOL!

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

In my job I've met some self-made millionaires who quit work in their early 40's to go chase their dream of unlimited golf or unlimited sailing in the Carribean or whatever. They got so utterly bored with the golf, sailing or whatever that they actually went back to work at their old job.

A life of worthwhile and/or meaningful work is the most satisfying.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I'd invest it and live comfortably.

• troucul
    troucul

Buy a woman, my personality isn't enough to keep one

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

1. Pay off the loan I took out to help my (ungrateful/iresponsbile/"Jehovah will help us") parents.

2. Do not some to an orphange in China.

3. Buy a house.

4. Quit my job at the Department of Defense.

5. Finish writing my book.

6. Sock enough away for my golden years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit