Fluff - what would you do?

by serendipity 26 Replies latest jw friends

• serendipity
    serendipity

If some rich relative died and left you a fortune, what would you do with your life and why?

For starters, I'd tell the boss "Take this job and shove it, I ain't workin here no more." Then....

• damselfly
    damselfly

1. Adopt a bunch of kids

2. Take every course offered at my local university

3. Dams Grand Apostate World Tour! Wheeeeeee!!!!!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Buy a new Harley.

• damselfly
    damselfly

4. JWD scholarship fund.

Dams

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Pay off the mortgage - maybe sell up and move somewhere else.

If none of my other immediate family had been left a huge amount, I'd pay their morgages off too.

Inject some cash into the business in which I'm a partner.

Donate some to charity

Invest the rest wisely.

I had a very wealthy great-aunt who lived in Las Vegas and had a holiday home in Canada. Wonder if she left me anything. Hmmmmm..........

• greendawn
    greendawn

Spend a year travelling around the world, offer some money to charity, support myself so I can concentrate on investigating life and its mysteries without any financial worries to distruct me.

• serendipity
    serendipity

anyone else want to dream?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    4. JWD scholarship fund.

Dams

Dams! Do you know there is one out there? I found it once!

• damselfly
    damselfly

Seriously? then I would make a large donation. ;-)

Dams

• whyizit
    whyizit

#1-I would make a large donation to a Christian charity (or divide it among several).

#2- I would invest in cult awareness and counseling groups in areas where there seem to be NONE.

#3- I would go back to college to be a lawyer and would do pro-bono work as much as possible for those who have been injurred or taken advantage of by such mind-control groups.

#4- I would pay off all of our family debts.

Freedom in Christ is a great thing. If some people mis-represent God, that is not His fault. If these same people come to know the true Yahweh and they know Jesus, think what a huge impact they could make on the world. They often have dedicated so much time to "religion" and "rituals", that if they dedicated it to the needy and those in bondage to false teachings, it could turn lives around for the better. They definitely have the dedication, they just don't have the true gospel--YET! :0)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit