Thank you all so much!! I think I am going to spend less time in WT land...

by Check_Your_Premises 23 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

I love the way you say with full confidence that your family will leave the WT

All the best and keep bobbing in and saying hello to us all

• Twitch
    Twitch
    I have to take on the slow, steady gate of a long distance runner rather than the short-sighted, desperate all-out I have been pursuing.

Well said. I was a sprinter in high school, couldn't do long distance (had to hide the fact i was in track from the folks). A metaphor for the circumstances of my leaving and how i've approached some things throughout my life. When times were tough, i visualized myself walking, one step at a time, almost in slo mo but still moving.

I wish you courage and strength (though you have much of each already)

• luna2
    luna2

All the best, CYP. Hope to see you around from time to time. Take care.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I had a fight with the Spirit Directed Organization for a while over my wife too . . . until I realized I had a wife problem, not a religion problem . . . and the wife problem turned into a living problem.
    I set out to make myself a good life, with or without her. Of course, now I realize the Witness group is expecting opposition from unappreciative spouses. They prepare for it and prepare the spouse and they use it to their advantage.
    What they're not prepared for is indifference and emotional separation.
    I tried to deal with it all without support, education, or understanding. In the early years, when they fought me, they fought an unarmed man. Not any more:-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit