JW's vs United Church of God

by lisavegas420 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I was shocked at the simularities...I can't wait until the next JW comes and tells me how they are soooo different than all the other religions. I'm going to whip out my new little book and magazines and show them how different they are not!!

Now ...if I can just get some JW's to come to my house. Where's my JW book I requested?..am I going to have to send a 2nd request? Maybe I'll write on the envelope in big red letters "second request!"

lisa

• heathen
    heathen

I don't think they are honoring requests like that anymore . You probly have to get it thru a publisher at the kingdub hall . So they can try and convert you while they are at it . LOL

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    I don't think they are honoring requests like that anymore . You probly have to get it thru a publisher at the kingdub hall . So they can try and convert you while they are at it . LOL

Get out of here!! There was a request form on the back of a tract to order the book. Maybe if I send money with the request....lol...NOT!!!

Actually I thought they sent such request to the local KH and the local KH would send an elder or publisher. I think I'm in un-assigned territory.

lisa

• Balsam
    Balsam

Herbert W. Armstrong has been accused by both his daughter of rape and molestation. I read their story and it certainly shows the power went to his mind in starting the plain truth magazine. He heavily borrows from JW and adventist religion. You need read up on them and don't get sucked in too easily they are a cult like JW and have controlf mechanisms in place too. The United Church of God members have been known to turn down medical care because they believe in healing. Anyway check it out throughly because it was created by Herbert Armstrong.

• Justin
    Justin

As to the question about witnessing and evangelizing, Armstrong did not encourage his people to even do incidental witnessing. Instead, they were to pay their tithes to allow the church to evangelize through whatever means were used (such as free publications which could be mail-ordered). I understand they even paid triple tithes. I don't know to what extent the United Church has continued this practice.

• wednesday
    wednesday

This is interesting, I started a thread on this about a year go, it got a few responses. I went online and emailed them and talked to them for a while.They were pleasant but very much like jws. They even have a page discussingthis and explainint the differences between them and jjws, and the SDA. There are few differences. . I found the one called the Reformed churcvh of God.

They have been sending me a emagazine of sorts. But i unsubed. I will not go near them or the SDA, or church of christ. They are scary weird people.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I started this thread because I'm interested in different faiths/beliefs, and was shocked over the simularities. I have no desire to join any organized religion.

I looked to see if UC of G had a forum for x-members such as this one, but couldn't find one if there is.

Herbert W. Armstrong has been accused by both his daughter of rape and molestation

OMG....is anyone safe.

Armstrong did not encourage his people to even do incidental witnessing. Instead, they were to pay their tithes to allow the church to evangelize

.....and what if they don't? Do the get kicked to the curb?

lisa

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I used to know this girl who was a SDA. We were talking about religion, and she believed exactly the same things as I did...what a trip! And here I thought dubs were unique...

• Shining One
    Shining One

Those are leftover cultists from Ted Armstrong. The Worldwide Church of God repented and went Biblical about 15 years ago.
    Rex

• esw1966
    esw1966

My parents got INTO the truth through the Church of God. My mother liked what they had to say. They did not claim to be 'the true church'. They pointed out things that would let you know who they were and my mother decided that it was the jw's who fit the description.

As I was searching religions, the Church of God sounded good to me because so many of their beliefs were familiar to me. Then I read their website and some of their teachings scared me and made me think they had missed the path too!

They do not give Christian Freedom and I am TOTALLY looking for freedom in worship. If you do not have freedom, you do not have Christ and have become a follower of man.

That is my creed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit