JW's vs United Church of God

by lisavegas420 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Two months ago, I wrote the WBTS and requested a 'what does the bible really teach'. Well it hasn't shown up. But at the same time, I ordered a "what does the bible really teach' from the United Church of God. Well the UCG book showed up yesterday along with two companion magazines. (same size as the watchtower and awake, but nice slick paper with lots of color) One is intitled "Holidays or Holy Days:Does it really matter which days we keep" the other magazine title is "Are we living in the time of the end?"
    I swear, I had to look twice at who published this...it is sooo much like the JW teaching that it's scary.
    According to this book from UCG, they believe that you don't go to heaven, you await a resurrection. They believe in no hell, no easter or christmas. They believe the same thing as the JW's in regard to the soul. They claim to be an international association, which has minister and congregations thoughout most of the world. And believe that they must teach all nations to observe what Christ has commanded.
    Even the way the magaizines are worded sounds so JW like... from the holiday magazine it says: "We have a choice. We can choose the feast days institued by God or the holidays submitted by men."
    They do get more holidays than we did...they get seven annual festivals or feast days. Some of which I have never heard of before.

Just thought I'd share.

lisa

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Wow!! I just went for a look around their website. They look like a bit of a cross between Adventists and JW's. Looking at their history it seems they are the WCG members who stuck to the original teachings.

http://www.ucg.org/about/history.htm

They even have a 12 man governing body!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

RUN FROM THEM AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!

My mom left Christianity for this cult when I was 6 years old. I had 6 brothers and sisters who were raised in this cult. I escaped in 1972 which was 3 years before they predicted Armageddon was going to take place. I joined the Watchtower cult in 1990 but did not know about their predictions for 1975 or I would have run from them. Only one brother and his wife and daughter have escaped this cult besides myself. While it is not as structured and controlling as the Watchtower, it does screw up your thinking. And they believe in excommunication just like the Watchtower cult.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

RUN FROM THEM AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!

lol....no need to worry...I can't even convince myself to join a fitness center that only requires a 3 membership.

I wonder if they also have disfellowshiping?

lisa

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Two months ago, I wrote the WBTS and requested a 'what does the bible really teach'. Well it hasn't shown up. But at the same time, I ordered a "what does the bible really teach' from the United Church of God. Well the UCG book showed up yesterday along with two companion magazines.

Times are critical! It's an urgent work!!! Your life is at stake!!!

I bet it doesn't take these cultists 2 months to find a donut shop.

W

• heathen
    heathen

I think you need to change the s to a d in the title . LOL I thought the Unitarian church was similar as well . They firmly reject the divinity of christ . Not sure what holidays they observe .Does the church of God insist everybody learn to do public speaking or evangelize in any way?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    I think you need to change the s to a d in the title

I tried...It wouldn't change...

Now it looks like the Chuch of Goos.... which could be short for goober

lisa

• heathen
    heathen

It changed on that last reply . You should be able to edit the title . Sounds like you need some administrative help there .

• james_woods
    james_woods

Your edit still does not show - anyway, it shoud be "Gas", not "Gos"....d

Because: Aren't these the AA Armstrong people that the old WTsociety used to get shorties wadded up over "plaigarism"?

• kwr
    kwr

They are a break away group from Herbert Armstrong's Worldwide Church of God, there is also the Philadelphia Church of God breakaway sect. Basically they believe that the lost tenth tribe of Israel ended up in England and have a thing about Germany being the vehicle of the anti-Christ. Herbert Armstrong's book Mystery of the Ages explains their strange theology. You can get the book free from the Philadelphia Church of God. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Armstrong

http://www.wcg.org/lit/booklets/welcome/welcome8.htm

http://www.wcg.org/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit