Parents congregation disbanding

by New Worldly Translation 14 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, as a non-profit corporation, the congregation's money reverts to the parent non-profit corporation (WTS) when a congregation is dissolved. That is US law governing non-profit corporations.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

And the bottom line, as always, folks.....is $$$$

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

Could this information help in anyway with the ongoing lawsuits against the WT. They say they have no "interests" so to speak in other states, but this would show they in fact do?

Peep

• free2beme
    free2beme

My sister attended on with about 20-30 publishers for 15 years and they never disbanded it. It was in a small town in Northern California and the Kingdom Hall was about the size of most Kingdom Halls back room second school. It still exist, but it is at least one publisher shy, as my sister left the religion.

• blondie
    blondie
    It is a very small cong with about 35 people in it but they have enough elders and everyone was happy being in it. Apart from being dubs they actually are a genuinely nice bunch of people and I feel a bit sorry for them having to get split up against their wishes.
    The hall is split into two congs, with the other half having about 140 publishers, and I asked why they didn't just ask some from the other half to support theirs. I knew the answer to this one already because the cong split acrimoniously

NWT, what has happened since the smaller congregation was disbanded? Were the 35 required to attend the congregation with the 140 publishers? That would have made 175 publishers, 100 over the WTS preferred comfort size. Did all 35 make the switch or have some stopped going or moved away? Are there 2 congregations again?

Many times I have seen the WTS disband a congregation when the elders/members were not submissive to the WTS direction. They split up and/or removed the elders and even DF'd the rabble rousers. Even if they had a valid point, the WTS feels they should "wait on Jehovah" to solve the problem and not be like Uzzah who reached out to steady the ark of the covenant and died.

Also, the WTS will bring in elders from the outside and put them in charge and given them sweeping authority regarding taking away "privileges" and making appointments. No "elder body" decision, just the individual one.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit