We need help

by _Atlas 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

If I'm not mistaken, your grieving friend is tata, and I think she said it all a couple of posts back. While you've been worried about comforting her, here she is comforting you. Or rather, you're really comforting each other, and that is what this is all about. That is how we face death, we do our best to be there for each other, just like the two of you are.

YOU TWO are the very answer to the questions you posed.

None of us can take the sting out of death, but we can share that pain - with each other and with the one dying oe hurting. We can see that it's possible to face death ourselves or the death of someone dear to us, and deal with it.

Christ, we can't stop the pain in life, and who would want to? To care about and love someone requires that we face hurt and pain. If you are a parent, do you think you will never feel pain around the life of your child, not hurt when they fall, not cry when they are shamed in a classroom, not get angry when they are beaten by a bully? Knowing the truth about something doesn't mean we're protected from pain and hurt, it simply means we face that pain and hurt with a much more realistic understanding of what is happening, and I don't believe that that is a bad thing.

I've struggled myself with whether or not to share what I've learned about the Witness teachings, and with some people I simply won't tell them a thing. It is hard for me with some folks to think that they can handle not having that crutch of the the new system and the big daddy god who will make everything all right.

I don't think either of you are like that. I sympathize with your pain, and I honor you both for being there for each other.

S4

• anewme
    anewme

I dont think Atlas told Tata anything true. He just told her what he felt wasnt true.

He helped set her free to go find what is true for herself.

I always use the illustration of the night sky.......do you think we will ever know everything about the universe? No?
    Then we will never know everything there is about our God. And who is the person who can tell you who and what God is? He only knows what you yourself can know from your own observations and heart ponderings.

I think the two of you are very good friends. Relax. The big questions have been with us for thousands of years and the mystery still fascinates us thousands of years later.

Anewme

• KW13
    KW13

i still believe in God and i still have a faith, its just far away from the JW's.

i wish your friend all the best, its not easy leaving but time is a great healer.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The best comfort I gave my JW hubby when his parents passed away was, "I am sure they are secure in Jehovah's memory." If he expressed any doubt I would say, "Your mama was a wonderful person her whole life long. Jehovah is no fool. I am sure she will be resurrected." I laid that groundwork for later conversations when he despaired of his own resurrection hope.

I have no problem relating to people where their beliefs are. After all, I am sure God will sort it all out in the end. It's not like any of us KNOW or anything.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

jgnat,

You're one of the believers on this board that I totally respect. Having gone from JW to atheist, you should take that as a VERY sincere compliment.

And I might be slow, but is that meant to be Jeanette? It's my mom's name.

S4

• yesidid
    yesidid

Deat Tata,

I really feel for you. I was raised a Witness, and am fast approaching seventy.

When I found the "truth about the truth" four years ago it just blew my world apart.

However just because the Witness religion is a corrupt, high control group does not mean the Bible is worthless.

I have been studying the teachings of Jesus, and now think that the way of life he suggested is a great way to live.

Have you thought of just reading the New Testament without any Witness propaganda. It's a whole different story.

You may really enjoy the experience. It has given me a contentment I never had as a Witness.

I wish you the very best.

yesidid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit