In memory of Jeff...

by nsrn 18 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Satanus
    Satanus

Thanks for sharing that story. At least ha had a friend in you.

S

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

How sad. Thank you for remembering Jeff. Here's an idea for you to remember him. And it's free. I made a memorial for my brother and mom here on line. You can do the same for Jeff. You can write a bio for him, post his picture(s), post a picture of his grave. You, and anyone who wants to, can leave virtual flowers and messages. You can even leave him songs in midi form. It's very healing to do and don't be surprised if you feel his presence after making the memorial. I didn't expect it, because my brother had been dead for many years, but I felt him the following afternoon. Very strongly.

Have a look and see if you think it's something you might do to honor Jeff. If you do, please post the info so we can all leave flowers and messages for him.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=fridge&GSfn=cory&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSob=n&GRid=8934955&

There are thousands of celebrities listed on this site as well. And you can sometimes find people you knew.

• Merry Magdalene
  • ringo5
    ringo5

No, that story wasn't too long at all. I also feel as another poster does, Jeff was fortunate to have you, if nothing else, to make his time here feel more human.

I won't bore you all with the details of my intense grief at age 15. I'm tearing up thinking about it. I'll always remember how Dad and I went out to that grape arbor and scraped up all that bright red snow by flashlight, so Jeff's mom wouldn't have to see it again.

I can't imagine what this must have been like, I just know that took courage.

All the best....

• delilah
    delilah

My condolences...........I know it still hurts.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

That is really so sad. So many Witnesses did the same. It's great that you are able to remember and pass on your good memories with him.

GG

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Good friends like you are such a rare and precious commodity.

• nsrn
    nsrn

I had months of anguish and sleeplessness after Jeff died, miserably guilty for somehow not recognizing how depressed he was intervening. I know now that my 15 year old naive witness self couldn't have saved him. A couple of wise high school teachers were instrumental in my grief/healing.

That episode started my now lifelong struggle with sleep (or lack of)

Jeff and I used to pick cherries for his mom from their cherry tree every summer. Work like that is always much more fun with a friend! After he died, I did it alone for his mom once. Cried the whole time, and never did it again after that.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Many of us who grew up Dubbish, whether gay or not, can identify with Jeff's bleak view of his future prospects. Your memorial to him is touching, and I understand the pain that still lives in you. In some ways your story reminds me of what Barbara G. Harrison felt about her friend and teacher, Arnold.

To Jeff and Arnold!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit