Contacting the "other side"

by sinis 35 Replies latest jw friends

• ringo5
    ringo5
    Now, I do work with alternate "realities". I would encourage anyone interested in the occult to study it (you know when you're being called). If it scares you, then you probably are not being called or not ready to engage. It also, imo, requires a more mature (not to be insulting) relationship with the Universe/god/gods. "They" do not require or respect groveling or fear of any sort. You will attract darker spiritual energies if you approach the veil with a fearful, grovelly energy. It is just like meeting other beings on this plane. You will attract what you put out. Sometimes that's good and sometimes that is bad.

"Not to be insulting" Brigid, but do you have any evidence that shows this?
    You make these statements very matter of factly, without any reasoned argument to back them up.
    In trying to reach these "alternate realities", does it help to believe without questioning their existence?
    In other words, is it "mature" to expect a response from an unseen and unproven entity, and less "mature" to question their existence and attribute any supposed "contact" to your own very subjective experiences?

• kid-A
    kid-A

p.s. I have yet to encounter the "shadow". Has anyone here had that experience who would care to share?

Nope! Should I take the "blue pill" or the "green pill" ??? LOL

• sinis
    sinis

Fear, has long left me many years ago. I actually would enjoy a "session" to possibly ask another entity about the veil we call life. I can't help but think that though mythology is considered "fiction" it might actually hold some truth. Many gods, with inherint attitude problems. Is YHWH Zeus, how about Thor, Ra...? All powerfull gods who had temper problems. Is Jesus, according to jewish mythology (bible) a god who decided to save man because he felt pitty that the other gods had abandoned us? Too many questions and not enough answers. I for one would like to know what is behind the curtain of life - how could ANY being put man on earth and supposedly stop communicating with him for over 2000 years?! Makes absolutely no sense to me, unless 1) the "gods" have gotten board, 2) Don't care, or 3) gave up on man...

I would be interested in hearing experiences from the "other side". I figure that I want to know the entire story of life, if at all possible, not the story passed by man depending what culture you were raised in our what century you were born in.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Hi Brigid,

Questions-
    Who are these beings you contact?
    How does one contact them safely and responsibly?
    One method I am aware of for contacting the other side is via 'talking boards' (aka Ouija boards). Years ago I knew a young lad who claimed to have made his own talking board and to have made contact with something. The Wikipedia states that use of such boards may be harmless 'provided that basic guidelines are followed. These rules often vary from user to user, but usually include things like never playing alone, beginning and ending a séance "properly", and always using the board in a "comfortable" environment.' Do you have experience with this?
    I am curious, but i am understandably skeptical as well. I do know that my father claimed to have heard noises once, which supposedly disappeared when my brother got rid of his music collection. He also said that he saw a hand waving in the air over my sleeping grandmother. For over two years before her death, I lived with her in the same house and never once experienced anything strange at all. One Sunday afternoon she died in her sleep in her bed. I continued to live in the house for another 6 months and nothing strange ever happened. Did my father hallucinate? I have always trusted him. Others that I have spoken to who claim to have had contact have admitted drug use, though not everyone.
    Thanks,
    Dave

• daystar
    daystar
    but i am understandably skeptical as well

You would do very well to retain that healthy skepticism.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    I think you summed it up right there Arthur. You have abrogated all personal responsibility and the responsibility of others for peace of mind. This might help you personally but it's a symptom of the procrastinating religious attitude through the centuries that said ' there's nothing we can do about it, God will sort it out'.

I did say that I have accepted the responsibility of being accountable for all of my actions. I believe that I am accountable to a power greater than myself for everything that I do, including how I treat others each day. One thing that I did not mention in my post is all of the volunteer work that I do in my community. True, I am not a force for good in the world like many famous people have been, but how many of us are? If I really wanted to abrogate my personal responsibiltiy, I certainly would not bother spending any time in helping others or bothering with any kind of volunteer work in my community.

I know that I certainly don't have all of the answers. I congratulate you if you have found all spiritual truth. I am still trying to sort out my own spiritual beliefs. Isn't that what a lot of us on this site are doing? I know that I'm not out there solving society's problems, but I simply try to do the best I can to help others, and be the best friend, family member, and neighbor that I can be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit