If you are df'd...have you.....

by sinamongurl 9 Replies latest jw friends

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

ever tried going to a kh where no one knew you and actually interacted with the congregation?

i was thinking of doing this just to see what people would say to me and see if they would try to have a bible study with me

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

"If they would try to have a Bible study with me..."

Are you kidding, girl? They'd be all over you like flies on doodoo! Opportunities like that don't fall into their Halls laps every day! How would you dig yourself out of it?

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Are you kidding, girl? They'd be all over you like flies on doodoo! Opportunities like that don't fall into their Halls laps every day! How would you dig yourself out of it?

Well, she could just tell them she is DF'd...that'll get them off of her fast.

Hey sinamongurl, why do you want to do that? Just to see if you can get away with it...? Just to prove that their system doesn't mean anything to you?

I'm just wondering.

Curious Girl

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

You'd need to have a cover story as to why you were attending in place before you got there. You'd probably meet half the congregation before the meeting started, and the other half after it ended. You'd be love - bombed to death, virtually everyone would want to sit with you and share their literature and songbook with you.

In the unlikely event of me doing something like that, I think I'd have great difficulty in keeping myself from laughing out loud, if I could stay awake that is.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

In a fear inspiring way, this is a good idea. Imagine going to a hall where no one knows you and setting them up. You start the Bible Study routine and little by little ask those little questions that Witnesses hate to answer. You can't be to pushy and just accept their answer. Only to come up with another thought maybe on the next study. When it comes out that you are actually one of those APOSTATES, think how careful they will have to be when maybe a 'real' study comes along. They will be paranoid everytime someone asks a question.

Of course only for the strong hearted and iron stomach.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Imagine going to a hall where no one knows you and setting them up. You start the Bible Study routine and little by little ask those little questions that Witnesses hate to answer. You can't be to pushy and just accept their answer. Only to come up with another thought maybe on the next study.

At the WestCovina MeetUp last month, someone was telling us his experiences of doing JUST that. It was actually pretty fascinating.

-Aude.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Why waste any more of your life in a Kingdom Hall?

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I moved from Canada to the Philippines 11 years ago. To the town where my wife was raised. She had been away for some time, and a few years after settling here, we had occasion to go to a family funeral. Unlike the west, funerals are generally held in the deceased person's home, last several days, and quite quickly become an outdoor drink-a-thon (drunk-a-thon actually). Anyhow, I was sitting outside with about 20 relatives when one boldly asked my about my religious beliefs. I cautiously explained that I was raised in a very religious family, but was not in the least bit a religious person. I saw no need in divulging anymore info than necessary, as I really didn't feel it was any of their business. Well, as luck would have it, fueled by a lot of over proof rum, my interogator pressed me on what religion I was raised in. I politely explained that my background was jw, and that it wasn't for me, so I left. (always the diplomat) To my surprise, the rather drunk gentleman to whom I was speaking, offered to take me to the Kingdom Hall the next morning for the public talk, in the hopes that I would see my way clear to return to the "truth". I thanked him for his offer, and explained that not only had I left, I was proud to have been one of the first officially declared Apostates in Ontario. After a brief, yet deafening 3 second silence, my audience jumped up out of their chairs and literally ran for cover. Some of them dragging their chairs behind and beside them, in their haste to get away from "the unclean thing".

My wife saw all of this from the corner of her eye, and once she had put 2 and 2 together came to my side in tears, apologizing for forgetting to tell me that every single person at that funeral, except us were dubs.

At least now they leave me alone.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

in my case it would have been quicker than trying to get reinstated...

now it would be a novel experience...and i have not completely ruled it out..just for fun

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Not really my kind of entertainment. It would be like papercuts on every mm of my skin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit