To what belief system do you subscribe? Belief-O-Matic!

by daystar 59 Replies latest jw friends

• anakolouthos
    anakolouthos

Here are my (somewhat shocking) results. I had found this a year or 2 ago, before i started questioning, & got 100% JW. At least that's a little different now. I do still believe in God, but as far as everything else, i'm thinking it all over. I've got a lot of reevaluating to do. Even while i was still mentally in dubdom, i never thought of myself as conservative. Kinda scary! My answers may be very different in 6 months...

1. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (100%)
    2. Orthodox Quaker (97%)
    3. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (96%)
    4. Seventh Day Adventist (91%)
    5. Jehovah's Witness (89%)
    6. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (86%)
    7. Bahá'í Faith (83%)
    8. Eastern Orthodox (81%)
    9. Roman Catholic (81%)
    10. Orthodox Judaism (72%)
    11. Liberal Quakers (68%)
    12. Islam (64%)
    13. Jainism (61%)
    14. Mahayana Buddhism (57%)
    15. Unitarian Universalism (56%)
    16. Theravada Buddhism (56%)
    17. Sikhism (55%)
    18. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (53%)
    19. Hinduism (52%)
    20. Neo-Pagan (52%)
    21. Reform Judaism (48%)
    22. New Age (40%)
    23. Secular Humanism (33%)
    24. Taoism (25%)
    25. Scientology (24%)
    26. Nontheist (21%)
    27. New Thought (20%)

I may be conservative :-P, but i'll still come to your UU church! hehehe...

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I came out 100% for UU; but when I clicked on the link for what they (UU's) believe, that's not what I believe. The test is faulty. They must of based our beliefs off the last paragraph. It looks like UU's don't know what the hell they believe in! If you asked me!

Home > Quizzes

Today's Top Picks
    What Unitarian Universalists Believe
    Central tenets of this faith, based on the questions in the Belief-O-Matic quiz.
  • Unitarian Universalism Section
  • Spirituality Section
  • Related Links
  • Unitarian Universalist Message Boards
  • More on Unitarian Universalists

Belief in Deity
    Very diverse beliefs--Unitarian/Universalists welcome all deity beliefs as well as nontheistic beliefs. Some congregations are formed for those who share a common belief, e.g. Christianity.
    Incarnations
    Very diverse beliefs, including belief in no incarnations, or that all are the embodiment of God. Some believe Christ is God's Son, or not Son but "Wayshower."
    Origin of Universe and Life
    Diverse beliefs, but most believe in the Bible as symbolic and that natural processes account for origins.
    After Death
    Diverse beliefs, but most believe that heaven and hell are not places but are symbolic. Some believe heaven and hell are states of consciousness either in life or continuing after death; some believe in reincarnation; some believe that afterlife is nonexistent or not known or not important, as actions in life are all that matter.
    Why Evil?
    Most do not believe that humanity inherited original sin from Adam and Eve or that Satan actually exists. Most believe that God is good and made people inherently good but also with free will and an imperfect nature that leads some to immoral behavior. Diverse beliefs. Some believe wrong is committed when people distance themselves from God. Some believe in “karma,” that what goes around comes around. Some believe wrongdoing is a matter of human nature, psychology, sociology, etc.
    Salvation
    Some believe in salvation through faith in God and Jesus Christ, along with doing good works and doing no harm to others. Many believe all will be saved, as God is good and forgiving. Some believe in reincarnation and the necessity to eliminate personal greed or to learn all of life’s lessons before achieving enlightenment or salvation. For some, the concepts of salvation or enlightenment are irrelevant or disbelieved.
    Undeserving Suffering
    Diverse beliefs. Most Unitarians do not believe that Satan causes suffering. Some believe suffering is part of God’s plan, will, or design, even if we don’t immediately understand it. Some don’t believe in any spiritual reasons for suffering, and most take a humanistic approach to helping those in need.
    Contemporary Issues
    The Unitarian Universalist Association’s stance is to protect the personal right to choose abortion. Other contemporary views include working for equality for homosexuals, gender equality, a secular approach to divorce and remarriage, working to end poverty, promoting peace and nonviolence, and environmental protection.
  • MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

On second thought, I don't know what the hell I believe either. But if I were to be a part of a religion, I'd have to have some kind of hard and fast rules.

• barry
    barry

I got 100% mainline protestant and 80% SDA

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"It looks like UU's don't know what the hell they believe in!"

We recently ran some UU'ers out of our neighborhood by burning a giant Question Mark on their front lawn.

• kazar
  • Phil
    Phil

Where are the Deists. THe founding fathers of the US were all deists.

• kazar
    kazar

Well, I just made myself sick when I read the results, which are:

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (100%)

2. Jehovah's Witness (88%)

Thought I had shed all of the JWism, but, Mormons are probably worse.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Kazar,

That's better than mine!

Warlock

• blondie
    blondie

I don't know what scares me most the 87% LDS, the 79% JW or the 11% Scientology.

Blondie 1. Bahá'í Faith (100%)
    2. Liberal Quakers (97%)
    3. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (93%)
    4. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (87%)
    5. Sikhism (86%)
    6. Unitarian Universalism (86%)
    7. Orthodox Judaism (80%)
    8. Jehovah's Witness (79%)
    9. Reform Judaism (72%)
    10. Neo-Pagan (65%)
    11. Jainism (61%)
    12. Islam (58%)
    13. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (55%)
    14. Secular Humanism (55%)
    15. Mahayana Buddhism (50%)
    16. Orthodox Quaker (50%)
    17. Theravada Buddhism (50%)
    18. Eastern Orthodox (48%)
    19. Roman Catholic (48%)
    20. Hinduism (46%)
    21. New Age (44%)
    22. Seventh Day Adventist (43%)
    23. Nontheist (42%)
    24. Taoism (41%)
    25. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (31%)
    26. New Thought (25%)
    27. Scientology (11%)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit