The Watchtower and the Cigarette Company

by TJ Curioso 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

Here we find evidence about relationship between Watchtower and Philip Morris Companies Inc.

http://www.pepheugasjehovahswitnesses.com/sm.html

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Thank you for sharing that information. I really enjoyed reading it and seeing once again that the Society speaks with a Fork Tongue"

Orangefatcat

• DannyHaszard
  • lilybird
    lilybird

The org has given many talks and wrote mag articles on not accepting employment where they sell cigarettes. Just another case showing how hypocritical they are ..." DO as we say.. not as we do".It all comes down to money...

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Another case of "do what we say and we'll do as we please, and don't you dare question it".

Total hypocrisy.

• Scully
    Scully

The original 11-page thread can be found here: The Watchtower & the cigarette company

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Another classic "do as we say, and not as we do" by the Watchliar society.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

You know what slays me is that I got lectured when I was a pioneer for working at a major grocery store ... I worked in the deli ... however, I got the whatfor on a regular basis because the place I worked sold cigs. They kept saying "how does it look" as if being anywhere near cigs would bring "reproach upon Jah's name." And all along the good old WTBTS has been getting millions from tobacco companies. What a double standard.

• juni
    juni

Phillip Morris also owns Kraft and other companies. Just playing the Devil's advocate here.

Juni

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Juni - I have no doubt that they will use that excuse, but let me tell you that for the years that I had to endure all their back room meetings to discuss this crap (and again remember I worked in the Deli! I was not doing anything other then selling meats and cheeses) and threaten me all the time over it, then I think it would only be fair if I get to get up in their face over this business. It is like the whole UN thing. Or it is like the typical do as I say not as I do approach in life. ARRRGGGHHH!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit