What was the wildest thing you saw an elder do or say?

by jambon1 29 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere
    I have just pi$$ed myself laughing at this one.

Brilliant!

lol....Oh honey, you should have been in my congregation. That happened all the time, you would have gone just for the entertainment.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

The elder was kind of old and maybe his mind was thinking other thoughts than the Watchtower study. Anyway, instead of calling on the sister in the rear, he directed the mic to "the sister with the rear!"

• jambon1
    jambon1
    lol....Oh honey, you should have been in my congregation. That happened all the time, you would have gone just for the entertainment.

Actually, my old hall was really quirkey. We had a gay 86 year old man, a seperated couple aged 85, and a fair few sexula deviants.

One old man (83) explained how "it may not be convienient for 2 people to 'come' at the same time as each other"!!

How the f**k he knew the word 'come' is a mystery to me.

FFS, its priceless!

The great thing is, at the WT study, people can say WTF they like. As you say, good for entertainment!

• Forscher
    Forscher

Well.
    One congregation I went to was basically run by the Congregation secretary. although the Presiding overseer is supposed to being charge, this guy made all the decisions and imposed them on everybody else. I was on his black list and he used something which happened to form a Jc which he chaired. I fought him tooth and nail, but in the end lost, though the DF'ng was on my daughter rather than me.
    At the time, the CO had become invovlved in the affair and had instructed both the JC and our family to write letters to be forworded to the Governing Body for them to make a decision on the matter. Right after the meeting where the CO did that, the elder got on the phone to his buddy on the Governing Body (some mutual aquaintances tell me that buddy was Daniel Sydlik, hence my antipathy toward that man) and got the CO countermanded. Only the elders on the JC were permitted to wtie the letter with the CO checking-off on it. Of course the Elder filled that letter with more lies than a Clinton speech. We were forced to sit there and listen to that letter read to us before it was sent off, without the CO present. When I pointed out the lies it contained, the secretary admitted to to them and said "you know, Brother CO objected to those same things but when I told him that you had ...(Some lies about me personally)..., he finally relented and let them stay in the letter". I asked the man how he could openly lie like that since Jehovah saw and knew and his reply was "Well, if you don't like the way I run MY CONGREGATION, then there's the door. Get out of here right now and don't bother coming back!"
    Now, mind you, that was the congregation secretary speaking. It was HIS congregation and not GOD's. And he could do whatever he wanted with it! Is it any wander that he had taken a congregation with an average attendance of 200 at the public talk and ran it into the ground to the point that it often couldn't average 100% (about 80) at the public talk?
    Forscher

• Warlock
    Warlock

For,

If I was ever going to cuss out an elder, that would have been the time for me. If what you are saying is true, and I don't doubt it, then no wonder you are here.

That is simply outrageous!

Warlock

• target
    target

The conducting elder wanted to call on the visiting sister sitting in the back row. She had big dimples in her cheeks. He instead called on "the sister in the back with the big nipples".

Another elder on the platform referred to someone as a "Polock" and then laughed at himself for the slip.

Target

• Quandry
    Quandry

Several years ago at a hall that I went to, an elder giving the talk began with, Jesus was a frantic, and his followers were frantics. Many people were looking at each other. I was trying hard not to laugh.

He later gave a talk at a Circuit Assembly where he read a scripture about people in the "same low STINK of debauchery." Then he said, "And it really is a stink, isn't it?"

• Calliope
    Calliope

there was also the famous f-bomb during the prayer.
    a newer brother (k, so it wasn't an elder) had the closing prayer and seeing that it was his first time, he brought up notes to ensure he covered the major points...
    well, unfortunately he lost his place and slipped in a frustrated "F*CK!"

good times, yes.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Back about 1986 or 87, one of my fellow elders.........a very old brother.....and a good one at that.......told the then PO (my age) who thought his "body excrement" didn't stink........." You're an idiot and you don't even HAVE a personality." It was only the three of us and the old elder had been complaining to me about this personality deficient elder. Once he showed up, the words were said.

That was priceless because the only ones in the cong. who liked this PO were the ones kissing his arse in order to jockey for their own power position.

Sad to say........this guy is still a PO, but in the sister cong. that meets in the same KH. (in a Pittsburgh, PA suburb)

HappyDad

• restrangled
    restrangled

Saw a long time DO grope my 19 year old cousin at a dinner hosted by her parents. He had to be in his 50's or early 60's. My husband was at that table and has never forgotten the scene. It was the end for him.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit