Will Brooklyn Bethel help New York?

by Dogpatch 31 Replies latest jw friends

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

News on this at http://www.jw-media.org/

--
    Those who can induce you to believe absurdities can induce you to commit attrocities - Voltaire

• nowaytess
    nowaytess

I know this may sound very odd, but somehow they will come out Glowing, having a different reputation than before.

I would not be surprised when asked, the Govering Body when ask will moblize the JWS in helping. It will amaze the world and JWS alike.

You have to remember they have an already housed force living in NYC. So for the Goverment leaders to ask for their help would make a lot of common sense. Sicne their reputation of cooperation among themselves to help the "org," is well know to NYC, to not request help from JWS for the long haul would be foolish. Don't think the Wt is not going to use this to promote the "Organization," as Jehovah's.

I feel the blood issue will be a moot point to most in the world.

This will make Jehovah's Witnesses look very "Christian." It will dispell a lot of myths and bad publicity about Jehovah's Witnesses on a World Wide Scale.

I also feel the great public display with the current events will bring up their numbers not down.

Don't forget after they help it will be a great talking point not only among Jehovah's Witnesses but at the doors as the news media focuses on how the Jehovah's Witnesses are helping NYC out. How those 3 days hall and other events will show the unity these guys display.

The pages of the Watchtower and Awake will bring out how they help and minumize or try to focus the attenion away from other Christian organization who are not going to use this to promote themselves.

I just feel it will help establish them as being looked at as "Christian."

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/christianexjehovahswitnesses

• Room 215
    Room 215

Or, by turning this question on its side, we can ask: ``In view of their claim to be the only genuine Christians on earth, the historic immensity of this tragedy, the magnitude of their resources, so many of which are ideally positioned to provide almost immediate assistance (right across the harbor), is it not reprehensible to do anything less than place themseleves at the complete disposal of the rescue effort?
    A pity they can't see this. Even in cynical terms, don't they realize that at the insignifcant cost of a few days' loss of production (which they can make up easily with night and weekend shifts), some volunteer labor and food, they can earn an eternity of gratitude? And what of the dividends in good will when they knock on doors?
    Sadly, thye opt for tokenism.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Room 215?

Your question is just about perfect and deserves to be read by hundreds of thousands if you will just surround it with a nice letter and e-mail it to the editors of the NEW YORK TIMES, DAILY NEWS and POST newspapers. (I am sorry to be unable to do this myself at the moment.)

Randy,

I have already been to Bethel Chronicles -- one of the first things I read on your site almost a year ago! I'll check for updates when I have more time

Rational, Essie, etc.
    BLOOD! [Smacking herself in the forehead!!!) After my plea yesterday for this board to donate in Tina's thread, why that didn't come to mind FIRST is beyond me!

When FunkyDerek provided the link above I thought perhaps they had released something new about having provided some more humantarian aid. When I realized it was the same old, same old, I got angry and thought perhaps we should ALL contact J.R. Brown and tell him off!!!
    But then again, that might prompt the action that NoWayTess is worried about and give them bragging rights later. Perhaps its better that the world be able to see the scoundrels running Bethel for what they truly are -- and CHRISTIAN has little to do with it.

Love to the Board and hugs today.

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

What could they do? Well, as others have mentioned, as true "Christians" they could have freed up as many room at Bethel as possible and offered them to the many rescue workers who have been out there for 36 or more hours with little sleep.

They could have opened up the hotels that they own near Bethel and offered rooms for those families that are now homeless or who were unable to return to their homes.

They could have set up cots in the infirmary and notified local hospitals that they would be willing and able to take in some of the less injured people for recuperation to free up hospital space for those more critically injured.

They could have sent out some of those "shuttles" filled with food, water, and other supplies to help anyone who needed it.

Instead....they increase security.

• waiting
    waiting
    Instead....they increase security.

Yes, of course, people could come in a plant bombs. But people could also come in and,

use a working toilet.
    get a cold glass of water.
    bandages, cots, medicine.
    a sandwich.
    someone to talk to.
    phone home (the Bethelite said he was on the phone all day.)
    sleep a little.
    receive money to get home.

But the WTBTS closed their doors to all but their own, according to one of their own workers. They refused to help anyone but their own.

Yes, it would look good if NYC came begging them for help and the WTBS agreed. But it would have looked more like Christians if the WTBTS had been out helping people unselfishly before being asked.

It was posted yesterday that a Catholic Cardinal was in the hospitals administering Last Rites to any person. For a faithful Catholic - that's a highly important sacrament. It would produce peace in their hearts (artificial peace or not - it works). Another post said there were priests giving counseling to victims.

What a show of Christianity if the Governing Body had done as the Catholics did! Actually produce fruitage of the spirit - instead of locking doors.

waiting

• sf
    sf

"receive money to get home."

Yes! A "charitable donation" would definetly apply here. YET......

With all that money they have set aside for "the kingdom services", surely a few million wouldn't eevn begin to dent the Societies bank vaults. "BlooodHogs" and "PennyPinchers" laughing all the way to the Banks.

sKally, totally disgusted klass

• lydia
    lydia

Its a shame that they don't realize how much good they could be doing...instead they are up in their towers "watching" kind of appropriate that they are called the "watchtower Society"???

I recieved an e-mail earlier today.. Asking for all those in the USA to step out doors tomarrow evening, Stop Your Cars,..and light a candle to let the world know we really care about those who have been injured.... They are trying to get some media coverage for this..
    I am going to try to do this..along with other things..to help..
    Lets not be like those in the "Watchtower"... Let us act!

(((((HUGS to all in pain from this))))))

• nowaytess
    nowaytess

Hi,

I am hearing More XJWS repling to this post in an XJW view point. My posting was using another point of view.

Try to remember these guys are guided by the Spirit which guide:
    <A HREF= http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/nowaytess>Why I beleive Jehovah's Witnesses are the False Prophet of Rev. 19:20.</A>

Just think in the past the Wt has changed polices related to other matters. WW II, Neutrality, Imprisonment into Sonceration Camps to name a few. Their stadegy has worked for them in the long run, not the short term.

Just think how the World Views XJWS. Many just view us as decenters of "another of worhsipping God or Chrisitan denomiation." They view us disgrunteld agaist the Wt with an ax to grind with them. Most people who are non-JWS are aware of the DF for those who are doing wrong. Many NOn-JWS and even Chrisitans have praised the fact The WT kicked "Wrong doers" out. In fact, if you are DF or DA they feel you have done something wrong to deserve it.

So try to view this in the eyes of those who are not involved in the Wt, and not keep compaining and whining about it.

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/christianexjehovahswitnesses

• nowaytess

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit