Will Brooklyn Bethel help New York?

by Dogpatch 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I hope all of you are doing okay in light of this terrible tragedy we have witnessed. It makes me want to join the army or something, it's hard to sit back and do nothing.

Upon watching the Watchtower's new PR video of the terrorist act in New York City, it is as far away from the reality of what happened as an isolated community can be. So lighthearted and without grief or sorrow! Did they help the neighbors, or offer aid in any way? Oh they did mention that some of the visitors to Bethel were allowed to stay inside huddled up with the Bethelites and having some food with them. How thoughtful! They fed a few visiting JWs. Will this be their only help to the people of New York?

Here's a question for y'all, "If you were president of the Watchtower, what would YOU do to help the people of New York?"

http://www.watchtowernews.org

• RationalWitness
    RationalWitness

What would I do "to help the people of New York?" ... I'd begin by asking all Bethelites (Brooklyn, Patterson, and Wallkill) to donate blood. This would be a start. And it might just suggest some measure of appreciation for the millions of units of blood that have been donated by 'worldly' people for use by the tens of thousands of JWs who've needed 'acceptable' blood fractions.

Rational

WTBTS: "We trust we have not inconvenienced you."

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

I understand that the Society put up tent(s) near the Brooklyn Bridge and gave food/water to those walking across. Don't know all the details though.

FP

"The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine

Visit my Websites:
    TruthQuest: http://beam.to/truthquest

Empower the Spirit: http://www.EmpowerTheSpirit.com

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Excellent comment on the blood!
    Can you imagine them doing that?
    :-))

It might take the heat off the molestation issue for them!

Hey, even if we give them ideas on what to do, if they actually DID it thousands would at least be helped!

• outnfree
    outnfree

This is a question that ran through my mind ever since I saw the press release. Will they do anything? Where's the love of neighbor?
    So here goes:

If I were President of the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, ALL of my volunteer labor would be out in the streets of NYC helping with the clean up, the kitchens of Bethel would be feeding the emergency personnel, which, of course, would mean suspending some PRINTING operations. I would be using the tractor trailers that haul literature to bring water, flashlights, batteries, blankets & pillows to those needing such things, and I would be crying my eyes out over the loss of life and its impact on the innocent victims and their families, and, frankly, on the rest of humanity.

Give me a few more seconds and I could probably think of LOTS more!!!

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda
    Here's a question for y'all, "If you were president of the Watchtower, what would YOU do to help the people of New York?"

What would I do? What would I do???

Well I'd start with RationalWitnesses suggestion, each bethelite with clean bill of health donates blood.

Then, I would get those huge kitchens cooking for rescue workers. I'd empty out the infirmary of supplies and medical personnel and send them to the site. I would contribute funds to the relief work. I would volunteer any and all available resources to help get the families, and rescue workers through this.

How many people could they house in those residences??? Thousands??? And there were police officers SLEEPING ON THE SIDEWALK last night while the Bethelites were all snug in their beds, thanking Jehovah that their brothers were safe.

Excuse me while I vomit.

Es

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

They definitely will not do anything that costs them money. Slave labor is free to them!
    former Bethel slave

Do you want to see the view from my room when I was there? Penthouse corner room at 107 Columbia Heights, circa 1977.

I miss the towers, so beautiful. What a nightmare, especially to the thousands who may be dead. If I was still there I would sure want to help out.
    Randy Watters

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

par excellence, outnfree

Check out the Bethel Chronicles
    http://www.freeminds.org/bethel/bethel.htm

Randy

• sennabrasil94
    sennabrasil94

If I (were) a JW now, I expect that I would probably be telling every one that this is the begining of the end of their wicked system and that its too late for them to accept the watchtower now.

But I'm not a JW any more and I dont believe that this is a sign of the end. If I were the president of the watchtower I don't know what I'd do. But if I were president of the U.S.A I'd launch the Polaris it dosent scare us!

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

I haven't seen or heard of a PR video. Can you tell a little more about this?

If I were Watchtower President what would I do? I'd hand out a few cups of water and sammiches, then run a second printing of the "terrorism" magazine. I'd watch the rank and file trudge around with the magazines and count the money. I'd put out magazines saying that this proves that the end is near, and PRAY that it takes the heat off the molestation issue.

This is assuming that I was the Watchtower President, and thus an arrogant, stubborn, selfish man, obviously concerned with nothing but my own power base; and so hoping for the destruction of these worldly people that I was completely apathetic to the suffering of "worldly, walking corpses."

Seriously, the FIRST thing I'd do would be to open the Bethel kitchens and bedrooms to those heroic rescue workers--and there would be NO freaking magazines on the pillows!

Hmmm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit