Hello All!

by Peter 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Peter
    Peter

I stumbled across this website today. I assumed it was all card carrying JWs. I've been DFed for almost 4 years now and am happy to be out. Anyway, I figured I'd take a peek and find out what you happy JWs were up to.

What a surprise to find it was mostly ex-JWs or, possibly, JWs that were not entirely buying the party line. Where are the loyalists? Does the WTBS forbid them from joining? Of all the participants I've seen so far, the only one who seems to staunchly defend the organization is HAL.

So what's up?

Is HAL really Fred Franz back from the dead? Speaking of which, I heard the new guy, Milton Henschel(?) had died and then heard he was alive. Is it just that no one can tell?

• Simon
    Simon

Hi Peter
    Nice to have you join us. As you've already figured, many here have torn or burnt their JW card long ago. We're not anti-JW though and just want to offer our support to anyone having a hard time with the religion.
    The society is taking a very hard line against the internet at the moment - the last circuit assembly was completely anti-Net all the way through. I think the freedom of information and access to books such as the Ray Franz one I think you mentioned in another post really frightens them and is having a significant impact on figures.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the board. We have a pretty good mix here, and some excellent conversations. Hope you enjoy it. BTW, did they tell you that the new person brings donuts?

• TR
    TR

Greetings, Peter.

Hal is a troller, I believe. A "let's see what we can get away with" attitude. Not a real conversationalist, just a bottom feeder. He probably posts with different names also.

I also heard that Henschel was dead. I don't know for sure.

Tom

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Peter,

did they tell you that the new person brings donuts?

Red brings coffee on Sunday morning for worship meetings. We like a friendly place - and Krispy Kreme Donuts.

If you choose to come on back - with or without your refreshments, welcome.

Nice place.

waiting

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi Peter

Glad you could join us

• Seven
    Seven

Welcome Peter.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

It is a different sort of place, isn't it?

Welcome

Path

• nelly
    nelly

nice to meet you, a word of warning though, if you come across a couple of women soliciting for donuts be verrrry afffffraid, the sugar
    content makes them mean and the calories.....well need I say more
    nelly

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Damn it, Nelly.....we've told you numerous times not to solicit on this board! (sigh)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit