Something I Found Funny The DC

by FadingAway 17 Replies latest jw friends

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

95stormfront: Yes, I did follow the society's direction and brought my own lunch to the convention. Wouldn't want to miss the joyful and upbuilding fellowship with Jehovah's people. However, I did not wear my convention badge but wore an "I'm with Stupid" T-Shirt and my "Gilead Grads Do It Missionary Style!"

• blondie
    blondie
    Does anyone remember some point about the "interior" rooms, which at one time thay felt was the Kingdom Hall but now believe it to be the Congregation. It was announced at Book Study last night that we better be in the center of the Congregation if we want salvation!!

Peg

The mistake some JWs make in this is thinking that the interior rooms are a physical location and that the "congregation" means the KH building. There is no location that all JWs can be at the same time, same day....not with 98,000 congregations worldwide and considering the time zone effect. What protects a Christian is their relationship with God and Jesus, not being in a physical location. Isaiah 26:20, 21

*** w01 3/1 p. 21 par. 17 Salvation for Those Who Choose the Light ***

Today, the "interior rooms" of the prophecy likely have to do with the tens of thousands of congregations of Jehovah’s people around the world.

*** w01 11/15 p. 11 par. 6 Jehovah Shows Us How to Count Our Days ***

He also provides "interior rooms"—likely linked closely with the congregations of his people—as spiritual havens

*** w98 8/15 p. 19 par. 14 Strengthening Our Confidence in God’s Righteousness ***

Already they have entered into the protective atmosphere of over 85,000 congregations in 232 lands. Whatever may additionally be included in the injunction "enter into your interior rooms," we can be confident that Jehovah will help us to carry it out.

*** w88 1/15 p. 17 par. 8 Trust in Jah Jehovah! ***

No doubt the "interior rooms" of this prophecy are linked closely with the more than 54,000 citylike congregations that serve Jehovah’s Witnesses throughout the earth today. What Jehovah has in mind remains to be seen.

*** ip-1 chap. 21 p. 283 Jehovah’s Hand Becomes High ***

Today, the "interior rooms" of this prophecy could be closely linked with the tens of thousands of congregations of Jehovah’s people around the world.

• blondie
    blondie
    The talk on having a balanced view on healthcare says that we should be cautious on trying therapies which could be linked to the occult or pagan. Yet, no concrete examples were provided.

The talk on education said that 70% of jobs in the next few years would be service related and would require nothing more than a associates degree, so there is no need to pursue a university education. Yet, the source of that statement was not provided.

The final talk on the 3rd day, the speaker said that a University President stated that higher education offers no benefits whatsoever. Yet, the name of the University nor the President was ever mentioned.

I point every week how the WTS does not document it's quotes and citations from non-JW material. Two of the ones you mention were in WT study articles, without identification. I would bet that these are just quotes from the WT articles where the quotes were originally without identification. Heavens, if a speaker should add more than was in the WT...he'd be better off adding to the Bible.

Blondie

• Honesty
    Honesty

The "faithful slave" must of overlooked a scripture:

Matt 24:23-26 “If anyone tells you then, ‘Look, here is the Messiah !’ or, ‘Over here!’ do not believe it! False messiahs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. Take note: I have told you in advance. So if they tell you, ‘Look, he’s in the wilderness!’ don’t go out; ‘Look, he’s in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it.

• frozen one
    frozen one

This kind of stuff is stupid.

70% of jobs in the next few years would be service related and would require nothing more than a associates degree

Was any definition offered as to what a service job is? A service job is any job that isn't manufacturing, mining, or farming. The service sector is the largest sector in the economy so of course most job growth will be service related. Your bartender, mechanic, and doctor all have service jobs and many service jobs require advanced degrees. The above statement is just plain goofy.

a University President stated that higher education offers no benefits whatsoever

Oh yes, the notorious uncited quote. No university president would make this ridiculus statement. The quotation is fiction.

• Scully
    Scully

Drew:

"Let's set the course of our truthseeking vessles for the coast of Isaiah"

ROFLMAO!!

Someone just gave away their little Star Trek fetish. Make it so, Numba One!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    "Let's set the course of our truthseeking vessles for the coast of Isaiah"

ROFLMAO!!

Someone just gave away their little Star Trek fetish. Make it so, Numba One!

Could be a Hornblower fetish...

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Or Master & Commander afficionado!

we LUCKED out! Everyone laughed! The GOD of LUCK was at the convention!

That is just classic - LOL Peg!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit