Something I Found Funny The DC

by FadingAway 17 Replies latest jw friends

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

I recently went to the DC in Duluth, GA this past weekend and I have to say, it was the best one yet. The restaurants around the area were superb! As far as the DC was concerned, SOS.

Anyway, why I have this on my mind, I don't know, but I find it to be funny:

The talk on having a balanced view on healthcare says that we should be cautious on trying therapies which could be linked to the occult or pagan. Yet, no concrete examples were provided.

The talk on education said that 70% of jobs in the next few years would be service related and would require nothing more than a associates degree, so there is no need to pursue a university education. Yet, the source of that statement was not provided.

The final talk on the 3rd day, the speaker said that a University President stated that higher education offers no benefits whatsoever. Yet, the name of the University nor the President was ever mentioned.

But during announcements, if you want to make a donation by check please make it out to "Watch Tower". That is Watch Tower with 2 words. Finally, some explicit instructions! Yes, Brother's, as far as information that will affect your lives, we will be purposely vague or withhold information from you, however please ensure your check is filled out properly.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    I recently went to the DC in Duluth, GA this past weekend and I have to say, it was the best one yet. ; The restaurants around the area were superb! ; As far as the DC was concerned, SOS.

What tha!!!!!

I sure hope you partook of those restaurant activities after the convention was over, least you "stumble" somebody by not following the so-si-i-t's clear instructions about leaving during the lunch break.

Did you at least wear your convention badge????

• Warlock
    Warlock

Fading,

Are you sure you were not transported back in time to a D.C. in 1980, because it sure sounds like it. Did they also say "this is not the time to be having children"?

Warlock

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I couldn't believe how many times they took Bible verses out of context at this convention, not to mention like you said about how many times they provide the audience with generic information that means nothing.
    Did you catch the part about the 'giant squid' in the talk about the ocean? WTF?
    The guy giving that talk actually said, and I quote:
    "Let's set the course of our truthseeking vessles for the coast of Isaiah"
    that's a line I will never forget!

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow
    But during announcements, if you want to make a donation by check please make it out to "Watch Tower". That is Watch Tower with 2 words. Finally, some explicit instructions! Yes, Brother's, as far as information that will affect your lives, we will be purposely vague or withhold information from you, however please ensure your check is filled out properly.

good catch, Fading! I like that one.

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Yeah I noticed that also. The other thing that caught my attention is how they kept refering to the Golden Calf in the drama as representing Jehovah and I couldn't help but think "what is supposed to be representing Jehovah on earth today?" could it be an "earthly organization". Just my two cents

• peggy
    peggy

Does anyone remember some point about the "interior" rooms, which at one time thay felt was the Kingdom Hall but now believe it to be the Congregation. It was announced at Book Study last night that we better be in the center of the Congregation if we want salvation!!

Peg

• peggy
    peggy

Something I found funny: One of the brothers thought he lost his notes for an interview. He told the brother that they would have to "wing it". Then he suddenly found his notes and told the brother-----we LUCKED out! Everyone laughed! The GOD of LUCK was at the convention!

Peg

• Warlock
    Warlock

Peg,

Next time it will be the "podium".

Warlock

• Swan
    Swan
    The GOD of LUCK was at the convention!
    Next time it will be the "podium".

LOL!

Maybe he should pin them to the "bulliten" board so he doesn't lose them again!

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit