How can I put a lid on this instant RAGE?

by sass_my_frass 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Oh Scully!!! Leave it to you to hit it right on the head.

cab

• under_believer
    under_believer

Sass, don't take this the wrong way, but have you considered trying some counseling? I know that it has helped some here in the past, and it was also instrumental in getting me past the mental barriers that were keeping me from looking at my beliefs honestly.
    It's not for everybody, but it might be worth a shot...

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

i go back and forth.........try to take the high road and live and let live, but, there are days........they are self righteous deluded robots, think of them that way, and you can be much more forgiving.

Terri

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Yeah...I rage too...but its like being angry at a retarded child.

that is a GREAT analogy, loves...........in fact, i liked everything you wrote........i think i'm going to copy and print your comments~~

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I think it's allways better to take the higer ground, no matter what.
    As people we need to have the courage, yes I say courage to look into the face of someone who hates us and not look back in the same way. It is so hard to do this. I realize that allready at this point in time peole at the hall now and in the future are labeling me, telling lies about me, and God knows what else. What do I do back?
    I don't have familly that shunns me, but I do have a lot of anger towards the actions of those that converted me while I was a 14 year old kid. They brought me right into their cult, breaking all kinds of ethical and moral rules. Their religion at all costs. Their actions anger me, I'm getting pretty pissed right now thinking about it.
    Anyhoo, I let it go. I realize they have been mentally tortured by a corrupt system. I don't know if you got the chance to see my post on how many hours the WTS asks it's members to put in. It turns out to well over 800+ a year. There is no logic and love within the rules of a cult, these people are victims just like many of us are.
    I know it sucks, pretty much everthing does in a situation like this. But I still think it's better to take the high grown. Don't sink to their level.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I also wanted to add that by your actions you can also help them as well. There are only so many years a person can not return the love from another. Don't saturate them with fake love, just give them a little bit at a time, even if they don't want it.
    Remember this is a cult. They have been taught there is 'no life' outside of it. You can show them that there is, with your life. Write them letters, give them a call every once and a while. Never distance yourself, no matter how much they try to keep distance from you.

• Grace
    Grace

You have to let go of all of this and live your life. Hanging onto rage gives them perpetual control.

And forgive them completely. Not only is it what a REAL Christian would do, it's the most selfish thing you can do for your own life. We forgive people so WE can move on; really, it has nothing to do with them. They don't have to know you forgive them because forgiveness is between you and God, not you and them.

You can't get blood out of a stone. That's what the programmed Witnesses are and that's why they're so screwed up...they're completely cold and empty. They don't have real faith, just a void that gets filled with empty promises and empty words five times a day. Real faith is lived 24 hours a day and real faith doesn't have to count and report time.

Being angry is a choice. Choose not to. Seize your own power back. This is what I do on a daily basis and I feel really, really good about my life. They have absolutely no power over me anymore, and when I am shunned I thank God that I am not made of the stuff that can do this to others.

Hope this helps. Tomorrow will be better.

Grace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit