Where have all the idiots gone?

by nicolaou 41 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD
    Just say the word. If I'm not welcome here by the majority, I will leave.

Justice,

I've been a shooter and reloader for over thirty years. I especially enjoy creating and shooting wildcat cartridges. Two of my favorites are the 8mm/06 and the 357 Herrett. Maybe that makes me a "twit" too, I don't know.

One thing I have learned is not to underestimate the cultural rift between us and our friends across the pond. There's little you can say that will change anyone's mind on gun ownership (And this isn't the discussion forum to do it anyway.) That kind of epiphany has to be experienced.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    One thing I have learned is not to underestimate the cultural rift between us and our friends across the pond. There's little you can say that will change anyone's mind on gun ownership (And this isn't the discussion forum to do it anyway.) That kind of epiphany has to be experienced.

I agree. Maybe I should just ignore the ones that imply that I'm a three toothed, knuckle dragging, inbred, gun tote'n hillbilly. (Actually the gun tote'n hillbilly part isn't far from the truth though.) And I have never set out to convert anyone. But I sometimes do feel the need to defend my beliefs, and the things I stand for.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Making a circuit of all the DC's as they pioneer in seldom worked territory.

• hubert
    hubert

Honesty, Is that a new Kingdom Hall "quick build"?

Hubert

• lawrence
    lawrence

To the Waffle House, Duncan Donuts, or to join the Hare Krishnas. I miss our old friends...

Honesty- loved the post!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Justice-One, clearly our views on guns are worlds apart but take that out of the mix and the two of us may have much more in common than we think. Under-Believer made a good observation; "Your perspective differs from the median and that is always valuable".

Perhaps we can just shake hands on this one and agree to disagree. In the UK, to call someone a 'twit' is not so much to give offence as to nudge an elbow into the ribs - a tease. Still, if I gave offence I apologise.

I do think American gun policy is idiotic - but that doesn't make either of us idiots for taking a passionate stand on it.

• Xandria
    Xandria

Or an idiot like me can return and bite you.

X.

• Caedes
    Caedes
    Just say the word. If I'm not welcome here by the majority, I will leave.

No you shouldn't leave, you're far too much fun

• kid-A
    kid-A

"And you guys wonder why the newbies don't stay around. Gee, go figure."

Assuming the reference is to the "newbie" thread, you will read in post 1 of said thread : "I dont mean the obvious trolls and loonies".......

Now, feel free to return to your AK-47s, bomb shelter and 20,000 lbs of ammunition as you await the FEDs to descend on your "compound"....LOL

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Perhaps we can just shake hands on this one and agree to disagree. In the UK, to call someone a 'twit' is not so much to give offence as to nudge an elbow into the ribs - a tease. Still, if I gave offence I apologise.

I think that might be an excellent idea. Talking about Scuba diving would probably not result in as many ruffled feathers. LOL. - Unless maybe we start talking about spear fishing, and what spearguns are the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit