The very night I join this forum, the PO calls me...

by tremoka 12 Replies latest jw friends

• tremoka
    tremoka

Yeah so Monday night I sign up, make my first post and our PO calls, whom I'vent heard from for 6 months, I've not attended one meeting, missed my first memorial EVER, missed my first convention EVER, and he calls leaving a message for ME! Not the inactive head of this household but his lowly inactive wife.

things that make you go hmmmmmm......

apparently it's the co visit this week???? according to the message.....

yah ok

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    apparently it's the co visit this week???? according to the message.....

Well now you have a good idea who "encouraged" your PO to call you.

• serendipity
    serendipity

So tremoka, did you call him back?

• tremoka
    tremoka

I'm wondering if I'll get some unexpected visitors at my door this week!

I'm also wondering why he directed the call to me and not my husband. That's what erks me so. You see, for years I was the spiritual lead in the family, my hubby always has struggled in this area (bless him). Yet for any progress our family made whether the kids comments, or my pioneering(long time ago), it would be my husband that would get the commendation for it!

"Brother, your family is doing great! Keep up the fine work etc"---ugghh

Throughout our whole jw 'career' they've mainly addressed him. I'm invisible...hiding behind the skirt of the man. lol

that is until now

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

the only calls i got after i quit going AFTER A LIFETIME of being a jw... were when the CO was visiting.

i was just paperwork to the elders who i'd known all my life.

anyway..freaky coincidence of him calling the night you joined but i'm sure that is all it was.. welcome to the forum!

• tremoka
    tremoka

Hey Serendipity!

No, I don't think I'll call back. I just want to move on and get ahead with my life. I'm so drained and exhausted of all of it. Yah no what I mean?

Besides, I'm curious to see what will happen next. Will they continue to pursue my little lost flock???

I mean I have to be careful. Political manouvers with whole family being JW's, JW business ties etc... we could really screw ourselves over.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I would have probably had a panic attack LOL

Maybe he wants to talk to you because he thinks females are easier to guilt trip?
    I dunno : P

Dams

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

What an odd coincidence that was !

Welcome to JWD.

-Aude Sapere.

• Odrade
    Odrade

When we quit, I was the target of most of the calls and phone calls. In their warped way maybe they thought that they could circumvent the "head of the household" and get me to go against him. Maybe they thought I'd be more sympathetic, or guilty? I dunno, didn't work. LOL!

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Besides, I'm curious to see what will happen next. Will they continue to pursue my little lost flock???

My (free) advice to you is to IGNORE them. If they call on the phone and leave a message do not get back to them.If they want to arrange a meeting say it is not convenient. If they corner you and want to talk about religion say you don't want too discuss it.

They will get tired of playing the game and will leave you alone. You will have given them no cause to DF or DA you which MIGHT keep some family relationships alive....Good Luck to You...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit