Happy to be brainwashed!

by Fleshybirdfodder 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

My father commented at a meeting once, "When people accuse me of being brainwashed, I reply, "I certainly am! My brain has been washed clean of the world!" Uproarious laughter ensued from the flipper clapping seals in the cong. It reminds me of the comment from crisis of conscience, where Franz witnessed a brother say something to the effect that if he knew something was a certain colour, but the society said it was another colour, by golly he'd agree with them. Ever met any Witnesses happy, proud even, to be brainwashed?

FBF

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Yup. Both of my parents. My father even left for several years, and then went back, not because "of the organization, but because of the fundamentals".

When I explained to him the these so-called 'fundamentals' have changed about 6 times during his absence, he looked at me with a blank stare and repeated himself.

I guess it's true that a dog returns to it's own vomit.

• rekless
    rekless

I heard a bro. say if the society told me to march toward that wall right there and don't stop, I would because I know Jehovah would either move the wall, make an opening or cause me to able to defy gravity and wall straight up that wall, the ceiling and end up right on the floor where I started.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

FBF - we heard that same crappola over here as well.... uuurrrrgggghhhh.... I remember cringing every time i heard it!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Only a person who has been truly brainwashed would be happy to be so.

• watson
    watson
    flipper clapping seals

LOL

• sspo
    sspo

Yes my wife.

She says she loves to be in the bubble, and she will jump off a cliff if the GB tell her to.

• MsShockJock
    MsShockJock

I recall a discussion between some sisters and the circuit overseer regarding the new understanding about whether those in Sodom and Gommorrha (sp?) would be resurrected. The new understand was that they would be, but only a few years earlier they said they wouldn't be. (They actually reprinted the Live Forever book to make that change.) The society has see-sawed back and forth on this one over the years. The overseer commented about the depth of Jehovah's loving kindness in deciding to resurrect those killed at Sodom and Gomorrha, and the sister commented that, "whatever the new light was on this understanding she wasn't going to question anything the society said". If that's not brainwashed, I don't know what is. I'm sure the understanding on that one has changed yet again. Anyone know what the latest belief is?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I was happily brainwashed for over 20 years, I just didn't know about it at the time. I thought I was just happy. I think that's true of the majority of loyal jws.

• happy1975
    happy1975

I've heard this comment several times and each and every time it makes me want to barf.

-Happy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit