My DC invitation is delivered today

by Wasanelder Once 27 Replies latest social current

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Looking at Blondie's assembly list, .. I am from the UK but, they do not seem to be the headline arenas that used to be used. Are the DC's smaller and more local? If so why?

Do they know that once the faithful would travel , and gladly treat it as their summer holiday [vacation] Perhaps now they know that if it means a stay away, the flock do not go?

Over here I can remember massive Assembly's with everybody gong to London or Edinburgh. I dont suppose we will see the like again

• lostlantern
    lostlantern

Are these invitations being delivered through all congregations or just in the cities where the actual conventions are being held?

• blondie
    blondie

No all over, even if your congregation is 200 miles from the convention. Do they expect non-JWs to drive 200 miles one way to hear a public talk???????????????

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I got mine a few weeks ago, although the JWs stopped 'stopping by' years ago. Just an interesting aside-our area used to have 3 weekends in a row at the Tacoma Dome. This year there are 2 conventions. My mom has an interesting memory about visits. . .when my dad was dying of cancer, she spent the last 6 months of his life with him constantly at his side in various nursing homes and hospitals(she spent maybe 3 nights at home during that time and one night in the emergency room after a panic attack.) She had ONE visit during that time by JWs, even after requesting through the congregations and the hospital chaplains. SIX months. She took to drinking A LOT during that time. You all know that if you don't go to the meetings, you don't get your 'food'. Well, for six months she wasn't getting the current kool-aid. Recently when discussing it(one of our discussions on the subject that surprisingly didn't get icky), I reminded her that she did not get much support from the 'brothers' during the hardest time in her life. Suddenly, she has memories of regular visits! I know for a fact that she didn't get any current magazines for months on end-I had even contacted the local congregations MYSELF, IN PERSON because no one ever answers the darn phones. I brought her the latest magazines myself. It is so pathetic the 'loving support' that these 'the happiest people on earth' offered my mom as her unbelieving husband died slowly before her eyes.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Had mine posted last night while I was at work - its from the local congregation (stamped) rather than where I used to go, so must be part of their campaign. I was saying about it to my ex (still a JW) did she think there will be some special insite about the end? She kinda had a knowing look in her eye but declined to comment, although she said i'd be regretting it when it did come! I laughed that they have been saying this for over 120 years and its still not here, and that she'll be an old lady and it still wont have arrived.

CS 101

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Got the invite for Scotland yesterday I wasn't in though.

Although it looks like the same old stuff getting trotted out as has been mentioned on here already

Interesting point in small print at the bottom it says registerd in UK as a charity. Can that be right?? I thought charities did good things and supported good causes there must be a mistake

It starts Friday but looking at my diary I am very very busy right through till Monday, bugger

BM

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I've never recieved an invite guess they don't want me

Did your family treat the DC as a vacation? That was STUPID, Yeah because going there was SOOOO MUCH BETTER than Disnyland

• Pwned
    Pwned
    Did your family treat the DC as a vacation? That was STUPID, Yeah because going there was SOOOO MUCH BETTER than Disnyland

Mine did, but I did too because at least when I was younger we would stick around a day or 2 extra and see the local sites and usually it was either montreal or toronto so that was cool. by the way anyone know where spanish convention for western new york (buffalo, rochester, syracuse, etc) congregations this year?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit