I accuse my wife of apostacy. Hilarity ensues.

by under_believer 44 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

Thanks, by the way, to ALL who have replied. Your suggestions and comments really make a difference and give me many more ideas for rescuing my family.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

May I join in, as one of the club whose wife has just left for the Tuesday group study.

This denial of the hard facts about J W beliefs is sooo common. I think they all do it. After all, they are not bad people... so how else deal with teachings that depict their "Father" as a bringer of slaughter and genocide. It is weird . I have done it myself, I mean to conduct a group study on Tuesday about Gods wonderful love, wisdom mercy etc then on Thursday take a Service Meeting Item about how important the Field Ministry is because it is the only way to save lives at Armageddon. In fact it did get to me from time to time, which is why I am here right now, and not at the group study.

I think the original debate with your wife sounded good. We all deal with wives "According to knowledge" of the individual. You would have known if it was not the right way of dealing with her

BTW. When I used to take daytext meetings at the hall, I used only to focus on the scripture, not the comment. The others insisted on answering from the comment bit, though.. I am sure they could not tell the difference.

• Grog
    Grog

I'm so happy that I faded and got married afterword. I think that every couple has their own way of communicating and working through their issues. I know some couples where the tactics you used would be perfect and other ones that would take a different approach. I need to figure out how to get my family out... I have five siblings and two parents still in it.

• I quit!
    I quit!

As one who has gone through this with my wife for years I can say I don't think there is a perfect way to handle these situations. Until someone is ready to come out they'll find ways of avoiding thinking about any facts that make them uncomfortable. Still if you have an opening I think it is good to give them something to think about. I remember during one of the arguments I was having with my wife about something the wt taught (this was shortly after I left the watchtower) I suggested she put the wt books away and read nothing but the Bible for a while and see what she comes up with. She blurted out "then I'd wind up like you". She thought about what she said and added "I didn't mean that". Ya gotta love um.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I thought the conversation was funny, I think you need more biting sarcasm though in your responses. Then some of that could have been laugh out loud funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit