Ignore Russia and Die in Your Sleep

by proplog2 27 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I very much appreciate your Russian postings i have a 3 day old thread up at the Moscow Times http://forum.moscowtimes.ru/viewforum.php?f=2

• proplog2
    proplog2

Danny: You are such a promoter. Your are relentless. Do you do any advertising work? Do you have a business?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Are you telling me to die in my sleep because I don't care enough about Russian and your posts about it?

I've got enough of my own problems to expend too much energy on a country I'll likely never see and how the hell will clicking on your threads - making it 51 views - help Russia or me?

It's like blaming me for the problems in New Orleans, before and after Katrina. I just can't do anything about it ok! Or do you want me to send $10 to Russia?

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Well your post veered from the sublime to the ridiculous. The sublime was the article which made a lot of good points, especially about the divisions in Putin's government and the differing views on how to recapture some international clout.

The ridiculous was your assessment of it and total misunderstanding of some of the points the author was trying to make. I don't know if there are any Russians on the forum, I'm guessing not, but I've worked in Russia on 2 occasions, once last year for 4 months and the year before for 3, so I think I have some authority in saying your waay off.

Russia is a strange place and the people have a self destructive streak that goes back centuries. They're like Raskolnikov in Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment; half the time feeling destitute and sorry for themselves and then conversely acting brazen, rising up and taking action, which is often erroneous. Russians can be stubborn, argumentative, on the surface humourless and sometimes a bit intimidating but get underneath the surface and they can be friendly, very generous, intelligent and very funny (usually after a drink or two).
    Russians don't like the west much but paradoxically aspire to be like them. They don't like Bush, think Blair is an idiot, don't particularly like China but see certain advantages to being close to them (they like Maggie Thatcher though ). Putin is well liked among the general populace (In the big cities at least, not sure about the countryside), but not among the oligarchs who have been left out in the political cold by Putin after initially being encouraged. A coup would be possible but I can't see who could possibly pull it off successfully and besides most are just concerned with amassing small fortunes and don't have the stomach for intrigue. The big cities are awash with corruption, even the local government and police force but a blind eye is turned to all this cos the Kremlin is always thinking of the big idea. Only trouble is big ideas rarely work especially in a country as big as Russia. They are always trying to jump across the river, ignoring the stepping stones.

What I'm trying to say is that all this jockeying for political position, posturing, taunting and making of alliances to get up the wests nose is all part of the Russian psyche. They like to appear tough, the Russian populace like their leaders to be tough and it gets to them that they don't have the international might they once had, however flimsy that actually was under the surface. What all this doesn't mean is that Russia will drop the bomb or some other ridiculous suggestion because with all their shortcomings they are not stupid and they realise they live in a different world to during the cold war. Different countries play the political game differently - Russia has always played it aggressively and so have the US and that's why there has always been friction.

I think there are more worrying international concerns than Russia.

I also was confused by the King of the North insinuation. Do you still buy into that stuff? If so it seems like you still haven't shaken off the org brain washing especially with your penchant for conspiracy theories and apocolyptic convictions.

• heathen
    heathen

yah sure the US is king of the south because the WTBTS had them as king of the south in the cold war so logically they remain so . There really is not reason to believe all that king of north and south stuff in the Daniel book . The only thing for sure is that the battle between the 2 ends with the arrival of the kingdom of the heavens . It's an end time deal not some thing that has been going on for millenia . IMO I'm still convinced the king of the north is the US British alliance . The king of the south clearly gets over run by the king of the north and the only countries with that capability is the US as seen in the gulf war . I don't think russia will return to it's stalinist mentality and isolate itself . The comunism of say, peter the great, seemed to be the most popular for them even but I see them still tampering with the republic . If only the US had not gone in and exploited them when the wall fell .

• proplog2
    proplog2

Confused JW:

There is only one consistent theme in the Bible. The formation of a neutral cadre of people who are capable of survivng a devastating but necessary failure of political structures. Forget the inconsequential details. It is not accurate history. It is a low-level intervention aimed at adjusting the course of humans on earth. The USA/Babylon the Great will be destroyed after JW's exit the country. The sign given in Matthew, Mark , Luke is the "disgusting thing causing desolation standing where it shouldn't". When a bomb goes off in New York - that's it. Time to flee.

[Please Leolia don't even think of commenting with your dessicated idea that this has all been fullfilled already.]

• Odrade
    Odrade

wheeee!!! conspiracy theories are always a good time! good times! and good half a time!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

This forum is good for posting because its going to last.

Not if Russia uses nukes -I think you are contardicting yourself a little

• roybatty
    roybatty
    I think there are more worrying international concerns than Russia.

BINGO!

• jstalin
    jstalin

Since the breakup of the Soviet Union, Russia have become a has-been. With less than half of the US population and a negative population growth rate, there's not much Russia could do these days to "regain" the glory of the soviet days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit