Garrison Keller, a national treasure ...Anyone else think so?

by confusedjw 15 Replies latest jw friends

• proplog2
    proplog2

I like Garrison Keilor. He is right up there with Mark Twain, Will Rodgers and other humorists.

One problem. He is a natural snob. He looks down his nose at too many "other" entertainers.

Can't people ever be talented and bright without cutting on others?

You distance to get enough objectivity to be humorous.

But should that distance be horizontal or as is the case with GK -vertical. He's too God-Like.

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Huh? Who?

I have never heard of him. Sounds great though. I will have to google search him.

m.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Love the show. I am a Minnesota girl so I think it's like written in our DNA to enjoy his crazy stories. It always amazes me that people enjoy the show because I always think no one else could possibly find Minnesota as funny as we do.

• bavman
    bavman

Garrison Keiller is certainly a national treasure. He fills me with so much "homeiness". Remeinders of where I came from and who I would still like to be.

• frozen one
    frozen one

Being from Minnesota, I would whole heartedly agree that Garrison Keillor is a National...no, strike that, Internationa...no, wait, Universal Treasure. Someone suggested that he may be a snob. If I were Garrison Keillor I would not only be a snob, but an insufferable one. I'm going to have a Powder Milk Biscuit and call it a night.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Uff da, I like him too.

And i am frozen north too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit