We are all so hurt here, thats why we post, please reveal your pain.

by restrangled 18 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

As depressing as this post is, revealing our pain helps others. Many of you have been on here for many years so new people do not understand the thinking, attitude or anger.

I am exhausted by my depression. I was dfd, and it was reversed . I was not able to move forward or cope At age 16 this situation destroyed my ability to think or complete highschool. My case was reversed, but too late for my mental health. I am now 47, and my mother decided she needed to shun me again 30 years later. I thought I was done with this bs.

Please, as hard as it is, tell about your pain. It is worth repeating.

amy

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Amy

I am so sorry about how you feel now., I wish I could offer you some words of comfort. All I can say that is that I'd give you a hug if I was near. Try and keep your chin up/

Scott xx

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

its a lifetime of hurt isnt it? even when our lives improve and we get smarter..it doesnt take much to bring up the old hurts.

my pain... i was ignored in the congregation. i spent a lifetime praying for friends, only belonged to 2 congregations in almost 40 yrs.and never made not one personal friend, regardless of my efforts. always ALWAYS i was scrutinized about my hours. i was raising kids, teaching kids about Jehovah, keeping the husband supported so he looked like super dub (i did that TOO well) so my 5 or 6 hours a month were never enough to make me "good association"

my husband cheated on me with a young girl.. was df'd.. and i was shunned right along with him. for 4 yrs.. when he was reinstated and the " family " was then welcome to get togethers and what not i realized how utterly FAKE the love is within the congregation.

went thru a bad divorce..left a marriage of 18 years with nothing more than a piece of paper retaining my parental rights and open visitation to my kids.. i didnt find the old me until some serious therapy and psychological care.

the religion, the lack of love, the isolation when you dont fit the mold... all contributed to my psychological problems.

now i'm shunned by my family because i'm simply inactive. my teens say hurtful things like "your gonna die in armageddon" and " daddy might be a butthead but at least HE goes to the meetings and is reaching out" ...............

one day i'll speak out about what i really know about the wtbs. but i have to be in a position to survive burning all my bridges ya know?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Well Restrangled - I love that name - I'm sorry for your trouble with that stupid cult and your silly mother. Depression can just be so exhausting.

CandyNuts - your not invisible here. I value you and your thoughts. You aren't judged here just appreciated.

As to my pain, I'll save that for another day

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thanks confused. means a lot to hear that once in awhile!

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

oh the pain...

With me to have my dad totally ignore because of this religion hurt me the most because I was and always will be daddy's girl. My mom never really did the shunning thing unless she was around certain people. But i cried so many nights because daddy wouldn't talk to me. Once when at my grandmother's house (non-dub) he came in the house and when I spoke he didn't utter a word...I wanted to hate him so bad but couldn't so all I could do was cry about it.

But as of late he's now df'd. I could be mean and remind him of how he treated me, but I'm not. He's getting enough from his so-called friends...but that was the hardest thing for me. Not talking to him.

My other aunts and uncles that are still in I could care less. Good riddance if you ask me.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Dear Candidlynuts, you know what, had I known you, I would have been your friend, your struggle to be what everyone wanted is absolutely exhausting.

Wish you would have been in my KH ...On the other hand I can be your friend now....I support you in all you do and a big hello and smile to you, I will watch for your posts.

amy (restrangled)

• restrangled
    restrangled

Dear scooby and confusedxjw your responses are appreciated, please tell your stories, It his help to all here.

r.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Dear Sweetp.

A Fathers denial of a daughter is about the worst. I am so sorry you have lived

through that.

I did not get my father's approval until he left the JW's and when I finaly did it was the sweetest affirmation I have ever received. He died a few years later, but I hold dear to my heart his approval.

Thinking of you.,

r.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

My story is that I buy my dog something special for dinner when I'm down so he really appreciates me and that makes me feel good. And sometimes I drink a little and that makes me feel even a tad better. But I can't bring myself to fully pour out my soul here other than the health issues I have recently.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit