Insensitive talk assignments

by Steve Lowry 38 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

GF, the brother told me that they deliberatly delayed her DF'ing announcement, so they could set it up like that.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

darth frosty,

GF, the brother told me that they deliberatly delayed her DF'ing announcement, so they could set it up like that.

My jaw just fell on the floor again. I hope ;) the CO tore those elders a new one, for exposing the congregation to Bad Association ™ like that!

gently feral

• LDH
    LDH
    I remember a young bro who had to give the #2 talk, and that week it was Jeremiah 5:1-19. Here's verse 8:

Horses seized with sexual heat, having [strong] testicles, they have become. They neigh each one to the wife of his companion

how embarrasing!

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Been away for a few days and am just now reading over everyone's replies. My God, but what bullshit we had to endure as JW's! I thought my little story was bad enough until I read all of these! I'm particularly fond of the one about delaying a young woman's 'shame' of desfellowshipping so she could give the M talk. Did I understand that story correctyl? And the one about how the guy who was to give the 2nd part of the meeting only to find he was to be DF'd?

Its hard for me to grasp how low the WBTS is capable going. I'm always amzed to see it go even lower.

Thanks for all the replies. If I had a chance to go back in time to that day when I realized I had been given that talk on masterbation, man would I have some fun with those fkers.

• caligirl
    caligirl

My step son, at the ripe old age of 14 was assigned a talk about marriage while his mother was working her way towards her second divorce. I know that my father uses some kind of software program that someone invented that (I think) randomly assigns talks to anyone in the database, which might account for some inappropriate assignements if that program is being used.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I remember many many years ago a pubescent boy was given the Bible Reading assignment that was from the Song of Solomon - poor thing

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

There needs to be council from the Org about that. In my hall, they wouldn't give a marriage talk to a kid, but it seems this is a recurring problem in other congregations. Not that it will ever come about...I just don't want anyone to have to go through that embarrassment...

• tan
    tan

I remember having a part on a Circuit Assembly. My experience was edited to what they wanted me to say. I look back now and can discern the scripted experiences given at assemblies. (when I attend) Its so pathetic.

• minimus
    minimus

Big Tex, I believe some elders thought you might give that talk better than another because you were squeaky clean. OR-----they were testing you to see if your conscience would do you in and therefore you could be exposed as the little devil that you are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit