Downsizing part 2

by Pistoff 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I forgot the most irritating response to the downsizing: I have a close relative, who knows many of the New York insiders, who said this about those who were downsized kicked to the curb:

"It was felt that some were getting too comfortable"

WHat? What in the world does that mean??

Can you really get too comfortable at Bethel? Are you going to get away with slacking?

Of all the arrogant, brainless and cruel comments, that one tops it for me. And for it to come through the back door about those who gave up a life to go to Bethel, of all places, must be very hard to hear.

This is posted for any of those downsized who might be lurking, and want to know what is being said about you as you are sent down the road.

• undercover
    undercover
    a close relative, who knows many of the New York insiders, who said this about those who were downsized kicked to the curb:

Standard WTS tactic: Blame the worker.

"It's all your own fault. Your attitude and actions is what causes any problems or setbacks you face. What should you do? Re-focus on your service to Jehovah the organization. You must do more. Now go out in service."

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

I have a feeling this move is going to bite them in the @ss.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

How disrespectful...of course, it's cold and businesslike, so I'm not too suprised by this. I guess they're going to have to stretch even more for those heartwarming "90 or 100 year old brother who still does his job everyday" stories. Or maybe just cancel them altogether.
    BTW, how can you get too comfortable waking up at 6 or 7 am everyday for work, in a shared room, on a small stipend? I mean, my goodness, they make it sound like those old folks were lounging around in slippers and robes until 9:30 and ordering lobsters and wine from room service...

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    BTW, how can you get too comfortable waking up at 6 or 7 am everyday for work, in a shared room, on a small stipend? I mean, my goodness, they make it sound like those old folks were lounging around in slippers and robes until 9:30 and ordering lobsters and wine from room service...

My thoughts exactly. It is not as if they don't know how to dress someone down for not doing their job; are they saying that the only way to correct someone's work habits, someone who has rearranged their life to move to Bethel, is to throw them out?

It is surely not for this reason; it is not realistic.

Saving money, maybe; but not uncorrected work habits.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

How can their lives be too comfortable? Small apartments... 50 hour work weeks... constant meetings... field service... no privacy... no money... Hardly a life of comfort.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

"My thoughts exactly. It is not as if they don't know how to dress someone down for not doing their job; are they saying that the only way to correct someone's work habits, someone who has rearranged their life to move to Bethel, is to throw them out?"
    --Pistoff
    Yeah, it doesn't make sense. You would figure those old folks would be the very first ones to make sure their lives weren't "too comfortable" were they to receive council on the matter.
    You can always find the answer if you follow the money...

• z
    z

I told my MS friend about the old ones that has been let go out in the cold he said the will be taking care for “the organization always take core of us” I said “you better have old pension plan the org will give plan s***t”

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Yes, people have given up the best years of their lives, their health, education, careers, marriage, children, pensions, all so they can have the wonderful "privilege" of working for free.

Maybe it's the governing body that is too comfortable, and maybe their worthless asses should be thrown into a ditch somewhere.

W

• Honesty
    Honesty

If you are currently serving as a Jehovah's Witness, I encourage you to examine your beliefs in light of Bible truths. Pray to Jehovah to illuminate your path. Things are not nearly as black and white as you may be convinced that they are. All cults have many of the basic concepts of Christianity wrong, made painfully obvious by the decay of love in their congregations. Love is what Jesus said would be evident among His followers. There is only one way to follow Christ and it doesn't involve works. It doesn't involve how many hours of service you put in, or how faithfully you attend any meetings. It is faith in Jesus Christ as our savior, plain and simple. Certain spiritual leaders don't want you to latch on to that beautiful truth because it doesn't lend itself to the business goals of cults and high control religious groups.
    Jesus also warned about false prophets and the manner in which you can identify them. He wasn't talking about those who are mislead by false prophets. He was talking about those who promote and declare as true, events that do not materialise at their predicted time. Just remember that false prophets are recognisable by their fruits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit