It hurts

by Joe Grundy 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Highlander
    Highlander

I don't even really have the right to post on this board, let alone post this sort of stuff. I'm not, never have been, etc., nor have I suferred through it. Just an interested outsider, is all. But it says a lot for the folks here that when in a low moment I needed to share something, you were the people I thought of.

Joe,

Though you've never been and never will be a j-dub, I just want you to know that from my perspective, I greatly appreciate a non-jw point of view and opinion. In many ways

it validates my opinion that the outside world is a wonderful place in contrast to an evil to be avoided as the watchtower corp tries to teach the dubs.

Your posts have always been interesting and very enjoyable. Your opinions are valued, so I want you to know that you have every right to post here and it's more helpful to others

than you can possibly imagine.

• Gill
    Gill

(((((( Joe ))))))

I completely agree with Highlander!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

BEWILDERED E…….G#m…….A…….C#m…B…

verse 1 JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT COULDN’T GET ANY WORSE

SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HITS YOU AGAIN

AND LOVE IS A BLESSING AND LOVE IS A CURSE

AND SOMETIMES YOU KNOW IT’S HARD TO TELL WHEN

chorus 1 AND LOVE CAN MAKE YOU WEAK

AND LOVE CAN MAKE YOU STRONG

AND LOVE CAN SERVE YOU RIGHT

AND LOVE CAN DO YOU WRONG

verse 2 IT’S THE FEAR OF WHAT COMES AFTER THE DOING

THAT MAKES THE DOING SO HARD TO DO

AND YET THE MAGIC OF FACING THE ENSUING

IS THAT ALMOST ALWAYS WE CAN PULL THROUGH

chorus 2 LOVE CAN MAKE YOU BLIND

AND LOVE CAN MAKE YOU SEE

AND LOVE CAN KEEP YOU BOUND

AND LOVE CAN SET YOU FREE

bridge 1 AH

verse 3 AND THE DISAPPOINTING THING ABOUT LIFE

IS IN TIME YOU GET USED TO IT BEING THAT WAY

AND THE DISAPPOINTMENT CUTS LIKE A KNIFE

AH…………………………….BUT ONLY IF YOU STAY

chorus 3 AND LOVE CAN LEAVE YOU COLD

AND LOVE CAN KEEP YOU WARM

AND LOVE CAN MAKE YOU WHOLE

AND LOVE CAN LEAVE YOU TORN

chorus 4 AND SOMETIMES LOVE DESTROYS

AND LOVE HUMILIATES

BUT THEN IT RESURRECTS

AND THEN IT ELEVATES

bridge 2 AH-AH

guitar solo

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

JG,

The JW org has more in common with militant org's like the military and police than a cursory glance might reveal.

This is the perfect place for you right now, IMO.

SPAZ

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

(((((Joe))))) What a beautiful heart wrenching poem.

I'll smile and you won't see the hurt

That cuts me deep inside

I'm just a few more specks of dust

On the endless cosmic ride.

What a very haunting end.

I'm glad you shared this, and I hope it will all work out in the end. You just never know. Any woman would be very fortuate to have such a wonderful man.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

It may be very bad etiquette to resurrect your own threads. If it is - I apologise.

My friend returned to China a couple of weeks ago. She went back to live with her parents (as directed). They have decided that she will live with them for several months, at least, before moving on to find a job. They have confiscated her passport and her internal travel documents to enforce this.

She is desperately unhappy, and has no friends in the city where she lives. The culture there is such that as a single woman she cannot go out to bars or social gatherings on her own. After 5 years of living here on the island on her own she finds this difficult. She became quite ill during the journey home (a very long journey involving manty time zones and great temperature changes) but overcame this after a brief stay in hospital.

I am now out of contact with her. It appears that she was one of the more than 530,000 people evacuated because of the typhoon and storms which just struck S W China. Many have died.

I'm an atheist - I can't pray for her. Anyone here who does believe in something, I'd be grateful for your thoughts/feelings whatever. Not necessarily that we'll ever get together again, right now I'd be satisfied just to know that she's alive, well and one day will be happy.

• KW13
  • Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Thanks KW.

Right now, I don't give a flying f**k whether any religion in the world is right or wrong.

To know that she is safe and well - that's all I ask.

If there is some god - is that too much to ask? If not, well so be it.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

(((((joe)))))

• luna2
    luna2

Hope she's okay, Joe. Hope, somehow, that news gets to you. (((((Joe)))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit