Has there been new light on this?

by beautifulisfree 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

This makes me want to use the F bomb.

What a joke.

• blondie
    blondie

The WT used to reflect more of the personal eccentries of those in charge: ergo, the zoo comment. I couldn't think if any of the old-timers I knew took it to heart as a "law."

But anyway, they have "adjusted" or "clarified" with time.

Notice where a family study was held:

g96 3/8 p. 16 Studying the Bible—In the Zoo! ***

SOME time ago we chose a rather unusual location for our weekly family Bible discussion—the Emmen Zoo, near our home in the Netherlands. This was for a very good reason, which will soon become clear to you... We definitely will come back to the Emmen Zoo

Here's a positive statement about zoos:

g02 5/8 p. 18 Meet the Mysterious Snow Leopard ***

Many zoos, including the one in Helsinki, contribute to wildlife conservation by striving to maintain a genetically healthy animal population. Of course, they also provide visitors with a fascinating glimpse of unique animals.

w94 7/15 p. 20 par. 21 Work Hard for the Salvation of Your Household ***

Visits to museums, zoos, and similar places are enjoyable for the whole family.

w92 10/15 p. 18 par. 20 Work to Preserve Your Family Into God’s New World ***

Wholesome recreation, such as appropriate gatherings or trips to zoos and museums, can do much to prevent a child from being attracted to the world’s pleasures.

w86 8/1 p. 28 Is Your Young Child ‘Growing to Salvation’? ***

We should talk about Jehovah and Jesus as real persons, teaching our little ones to appreciate some of their wonderful creative works. When we take them to the park, to the zoo, or out in the country, we can help them to see Jehovah’s hand in the wonders they see.

*** w71 2/15 p. 107 Family Study a Blessing ***

Then in answer to not having fun we usually left the other youths with their mouths open. For one thing we had traveled to so many different assemblies, seeing firsthand many historical places, museums, zoos, gardens, national parks and other sites.

Previous negative comments:

*** w52 3/15 p. 165 Are You Choosing Life or Death? ***

Man’s dominion over the animals was to be exercised in loving care and mutual trust, not by the jabbing chair and cracking whip of the animal trainer, nor by the booming guns of modern Nimrods, nor by the barred confines of the zoo’s cages.

(See a similarity 30 years later?)

*** w81 6/1 p. 7 The Life You Can Choose ***

In that global paradise man’s dominion over the animals was to be exercised with loving care and mutual trust, not by the jabbing chair and cracking whip of the animal trainer, nor by the barred confines of the zoo’s cages, nor by the deadly guns of modern nimrods. This loving dominion over the animals by obedient mankind was to last forever.

• Thinkagain
    Thinkagain

This just cracks me up!!!! To those NOFUN br's LOL. LOL LOL

Just to let you know the 3464 on scandelous scenes at the hall,

are so lol lol . I am so glad to be out , what a nightmare its PTR

post trama reponse for years. GET ALL THE PSYCI help!!!! RUN

YES THERE IS LIFE OUT THERE!!!! I WANT TO LIVE!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit