Aye, Avast!

by Fleur 8 Replies latest social entertainment

• Fleur
    Fleur

OMG I wish I'd gotten tickets for the midnight premiere of Pirates of the Carribean, Dead Man's Chest!

I probably won't get to see it until next week but I'm just on pins and needles...Jack Sparrow can do no wrong in my eyes...my GOD I cannot wait to see this movie!!!

Anyone going this weekend???

I may look like a gypsy but I'm really a pirate ;)

essie

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yup, this is the movie I've been waiting for too!! Hope the reviews are good...

• blondie
    blondie

POC 3 starts filming next month.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm going to wait for it to come out on DVD. Going to a theatre is too expensive. When you calculate the cost of admission, snack, drink, and the time and cost of getting there the DVD is paid for.

W

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I kind of agree with Finally Free, but there are some movies that absolutely MUST be seen in a theatre setting. Unfortunately this one is not on my list.

Seeing a 2 storey high Johnny Depp just doesn't do it for me. I just don't care for him as an actor. I am in a minority position on this I think but <shrug> I've never claimed to have taste.

I have heard rave reviews about the movie however and Fleur I know you are going to really enjoy it! That by itself would make me go to it .. if I was bringing you and your family to see it then, I'd put up with Mr Depp for 90 minutes. ;)

Keep smilin there lil sis!

Uzzah

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Went to see it this afternoon. It was long (2 1/2 hours)...but non-stop action and pretty funny. I myself love Johnny Depp in ANYTHING and am already waiting in breathless anticipation for #3. Killer interview with him in Rolling Stone magazine. AND...Keith Richards will have a cameo/part in the third installment. What a hoot.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The bloated length I hear is the big downer. Why can't Hollywood release decently edited blockbusters? Why do they have to go on and on and on?

MiB works in large part because it is snappily edited to a tolerable length.

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

Definitely seeing it tomorrow ! I also heard the length was the drawback, but just gives me more time to look and smile at Cpt. Jack & Will Turner!!

• Fleur
    Fleur

Thx Hadenuf! I was sick this weekend and so we still haven't seen it yet :( hopefully one evening this week. I'm glad to hear somebody liked it cause the reviews are mixed!

Wow I know Uzzah loves me if he'd be willing to spend that much time staring up at a gigantic Depp on the screen LOL. If you ever make it to this neck of the woods, Uzz, you know there's a steak dinner with your name on it.

essie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit