JW Theology and the NY disaster

by msil 25 Replies latest jw friends

• msil
    msil

BJC - I am sorry - I am missing your point entirely.
    Could you please elaborate for me.

• normie67
    normie67

My Thoughts
    The official postion may be what you have speculated on on........but to the average JW nobody but nobody passes judgement on another individual. You may throw out pasted comments or paragraphs from WTS Lit, but honestly nobody will pass judgement on anybody!!
    You may get some Zealots that will make out of their A$$ comments.
    Put, just mt 2 cents the average JW, overall, doesnot pass judgement.

Prayers and Thoughts To All Victims!!

n67

• msil
    msil

Normie - they are s'posed to tow the line with the GB teaching or they are Apostate.

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

normie67,

I appreciate your attempt at fairness, but I must say that your experience has been vastly different than mine. I was associated with 5 English speaking and 2 Spanish speaking congregations in 3 different states, and I must say that I have never experienced a more judgemntal group of people.

You say that they don't judge, but would you feel comfortable telling them that you regularly read and post here??

BobsGirl

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

yeah right Normie. And those 'persons' that posted what they did on Greatcrowd and WOL didn't really 'mean' a word of it right? That is, before they realized we were watching them and they began to change their tune.

And while we're about it, 40,000 disfellowshippings a year, with enforced shunning, isn't judgemental at all is it.

dungbeetle...cleaning up the crap.

• bjc2012
    bjc2012

msil,

Do you understand what Isaiah 2:2-4 is saying? Is this what is occurring with JWs today? Can they prove that they are the elevated ‘house of Jehovah’ that stands out as being clearly distinctive from all other religions? Based on your statements, I don’t believe that you have ever been a Witness. As an outsider, can you state that you recognize that they have God’s backing, that they are an elevated religion, a ‘mountain that is firmly established above the top of the mountains (all other religions)?’ Are people from all nations (not 200 and some lands) streaming to it (this elevated mountain)?If not, then verse 2 of Isaiah chapter 2 has not been fulfilled.

Verse 3 shows that ‘many peoples’ not just JWs will urge others to go up to this elevated mountain and be taught about Jehovah. JWs believe that they have ‘all truth,’ but as many on this board can attest to, their message is tainted, truths mixed with untruths. They do not have a clear handle on understanding and explaining prophecy. So much of what they teach is guesswork. This is not what is meant by the statement: “For out of Zion law will go forth, and the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem.” (Verse 3)

Obviously verse 4 has had no fulfillment unless you consider their explanation of how it applies to JWs today.

My point is this: this scripture will be fulfilled before Jehovah judges the world of mankind in the manner Zechariah 14:12 indicates. The ‘Jerusalem’ spoken of in this verse is this ‘elevated mountain.’ True worship will be so obvious to everyone that no excuse will be acceptable for not embracing it! As it stands today, this is not the case.

The main reason that this elevated worship is not in existence is that Isaiah 60: 21 has not occurred. It reads: “And as for your people, all of them will be righteous…” Needless to say, disfellowshipping 40,000 plus yearly proves they are not righteous.

How will this righteousness be attained? Isaiah 30:26 and Micah 4:6 tell us. The operative word is DISCIPLINE. Hebrews 12:11 states in part: “…yet afterwards to those who have been trained by it (discipline) it yields peaceable fruit, namely righteousness.

Why do they need to be disciplined? They are in the grievous state of idolatry, yes, they have put another ‘god’ before Jehovah. No one needs to be reminded that this is no minor matter for a people who are called by God’s name. How could a situation such as this be allowed? Isaiah 27:11 reads in part: “…For it is not a people of keen understanding. That is why its Maker will show it no mercy, and its own Former will show it no favor.”

This is the situation that JWs find themselves in today; therefore their message is not a judgment message. Nor do they represent Jehovah as his ambassador to the rest of the world. So if your knowledge of Jehovah and what he will do is based upon what JWs say or how they act, then it is sorely lacking.

bjc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit