JW Theology and the NY disaster

by msil 25 Replies latest jw friends

• msil
    msil

If I am misquoting the theology espoused by JWs then please correct me.

But I am trying to appreciate their theology as far as death and Armageddon are concerned.

We know that the JW belief is as follows: "He who has died has been acquitted of his sin". This is often used to imply that almost all who die PRIOR to the Great Tribulation or Armageddon will receive a resurrection of life or judgement (OK we know Sodom dudes, Judas and the flood victims wont get one according to JW theology). Hopefully I have this correct.

We also know that when Armageddon comes supposedly only Jehovah's Witnesses will make it through - per their own teaching; otherwise why become a Jehovah's Witness?

So let's say the JWs are correct in their teaching. And let's say that Armageddon was due to happen today (the day after the NY terrorist attack). Then logically, according to the JW teaching those who were killed in the NY attack "have been acquitted from their sin" and are elligible for resurrection now. If some managed to survive and were not Jehovah's Witnesses they would have been killed at Armageddon today.

Surely, the Witnesses should be honest and go on field service and tell everyone how GOOD it was that those who died will not be destroyed by our loving creator at Armageddon because they died yesterday. They should also say how the survivors need to become JWs or our loving creator will destroy them too.

Am I off track in my understanding of their teaching?

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Nope, you got it right....kinda goofy ain't it???? Not my idea of a sane God!

BW

"The important thing is to not stop questioning" Albert Einstein

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

its all about timing..

crazy aint it

• joelbear
    joelbear

nyt,

you seem to minimalize the weight behind msil's thoughts, but msil just summed up in essence, why I am no longer a JW.

insane yes and illogical

• bjc2012
    bjc2012

BW,

Not my idea of a sane God!

Nor is this what the Bible teaches!

bjc

• msil
    msil

bjc2012: Nor is this what the Bible teaches!

I disagree - how many Old Testament passages should we look at?

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

somehow joel....we will continue withou u...somehow

• joelbear
    joelbear

Astonishingly coldhearted reply nyt.

There appears to be very little left of the loving brotherhood I was once happy to be a part of.

peace

Joel

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

am i telling the truth?

• ballistic
    ballistic

a famous scientist once wrote "God does not play dice"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit