snakes among us!

by dvw 23 Replies latest jw friends

• dvw
    dvw

hey, here is an email that i intercepted. i dont know how to paste it to the forum, soi am just re-typing it. this is an actual email from an actual dub.

Hi, again. I'm on a roll! ha! ha! My family attended their convention in columbia s. carolina.this weekend. well, my mother called this evening to tell me something very strange that happened at their convention today. (sunday) during one of the talks the brother was making a point about satan, being the serpent mentioned in revelation...and just as he said it...what should slither out on the stage, as if on cue? a SNAKE!!! yes, a REAL LIVE SNAKE!

my mother says the snake came from under some flowers and plants that were on the stage. she said, from the sidelines a brother came onto the stage, grabbed the snake by the tail and hurriedly carried him away. what was done to it, i have no idea. the brother giving the talk had a sense of humor... he says "speaking of serpents..." and the audience laughed! my mother says...some one said it was a copperhead moccasin (commen in s. carolina). how he got there is anyone's guess... but, it was so funny that he came out on cue! (ha ha)

by the way, mom says there was over 8000 in attendance and 68 were baptized!!

sssssssssee you later! (ha ha)

yeah, actual email. while i am no expert on snakes, i am pretty sure there are copperheads, and water moccasin's. didnt know they could crossbreed. if this were to happen in a church of christendom, it would certainly be proof of demons. ofcourse, since it happened at a witness convention, it is absolute proof that the spirit of jehoover was with the faithful and put the finishing touches on brother dildo's talk.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

ok which apostate was there and let a snake loose on cue? lol

• purplebunnyfoofoo
    purplebunnyfoofoo

awww......thats the convention I was to attend...I HATE SNAKES

• dvw
    dvw

yes! another spin i hadnt thought of. that really makes more sense.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Yes and if the snake had bitten the speaker, it would have been a long and painful death for the

Snake.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Ha, speak of the devil, eh?

Sounds like it was an outdoor convention. I thought the San Diego one was pretty much the only one left...

As I don't like introductory topics, hello everyone! I'm here for support and to find people with experiences like mine....3rd gen, raised around JWs my whole life, now finally seeing what the Org is all about, etc. I'm trying to get as much evidence as I can for the day when I submit my disassociation letter.

Edit: Looks like I'm a formatting noob. Different from my last board...

• joe_black
    joe_black

Yes! I did hear that Satan was going to make an appearance at one of His conventions this year, and sure enough He showed up right on cue! lol.

• Purza
    Purza
    As I don't like introductory topics, hello everyone! I'm here for support and to find people with experiences like m

Welcome SirNose. Glad to have you here.

Purza

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Thanks Purza, glad to meet you too.

• Scully
    Scully
    during one of the talks the brother was making a point about satan, being the serpent mentioned in revelation...and just as he said it...what should slither out on the stage, as if on cue? a SNAKE!!! yes, a REAL LIVE SNAKE!

That sounds way too contrived to have been a coincidence.

I remember being a kid and seeing a similar thing happen at the District Convention. Except I noticed a couple of Attendants with fishing poles reeling the plastic snakes across the stage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit