LEAVING JW'S FOR GOOD

by Lampshade Larry 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Lampshade Larry
    Lampshade Larry

HI PEOLPE,

MY NAME IS YOHANN STROMBOLI AND I AM LEAVING THE JW ORGONIZATOIN TODAY. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THEIR LIES. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THE STEPS TO LEAVING WITHOUT A LOT OF PROBLEMS?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Hi. For lots of info, you might check the "best of" folder on this forum.

Are you planning to formally disassociate yourself or just leave? What types of problems are you trying to avoid?

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Welcome to JWD!

Leaving without problems is a subtle process that takes a lot of time. But your mind is free today. If you fade and want to avoid being disfellowshipped, you will never really be totally free. If your JW acquaintances still talk to you (which they many not) you will be viewed as "weak". You'll always be looking over your shoulder.

What are you trying to avoid? Do you have JW family? Depending on the family, they may shun you even though you aren't DFd if you aren't an active JW, or they may not shun you even if you are DFd.

If you want a clean break from the WT, disassociate yourself. The announcement in the congregation is the same now whether you DA or DF, so your "brothers and sisters" will suspect that Brother Lampshade has been caught doing something naughty.

All the best!

Rachel

• PaulMarshall
    PaulMarshall

Hi Johan.

Just be true to yourself. Take one step at a time and keep a clear head. Think of it as leaving a really crap relationship. What is in your heart is not want those around are going to wnat to hear. Get to place where you can here yourself and you'll be fine promise!

Take care

Paul

• Warlock
    Warlock

Lamp, Welcome.

Specifically, why are you leaving?

Warlock

• Synergy
    Synergy

I will be here to support you when it gets tough and you feel alone. The best advice I can give is what worked for me. Pray and don't stop. Beg God to show you who He really is and help you to deprogram from the cult. Ask Him to live in you like never before and then trust. He will inhabit you and you will be happier and freer than your wildest dreams.

You have a family in Christ and I am one of them. I will pray for you right now.

Renee

• kwr
    kwr

Just send them a letter to disassociate yourself from their organization.

• Scully
    Scully

Bye bye Barney.

• kid-A
    kid-A

LMAOROFL !!!!!

Scully, I luv ya!!! I knew something was up with this joker! I mean come on people, YOHANN STROMBOLI ????

oh crap, I am in tears Im laughing so hard!

• rebel8
    rebel8

I did think it was probably a troll. That's why I asked questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit